fear of crowds

This isn't how you imagined your afternoon with Margot going. Your walk through the city as you soaked up the sun together suddenly turned into Margot getting recognized by a couple of fans. It's never a big deal! You're always happy to take their pictures with her if that's what they want. But soon, two turned into four, and four into ten, and suddenly there was a huge crowd gathered around you.

Margot was so distracted with the fans that she didn't even really notice the way fans were pushing you to get a little closer to her. Your fingers were just barely intertwined with hers and the further she went the more they slid out of yours.

The fans became more excited which meant that they started to become louder. You were unsure if they just didn't notice you standing there or if they were too excited that they just couldn't resist pushing their way up a little bit, even if it meant pushing you out of the way.

It all became too much for you. Your hand slid out of Margot's and you felt overwhelmed with the loud voices and excited screams coming from the many, many fans crowding around you.

You noticed a part of the sidewalk that was clear. So, on shaky legs, you made your way there and sat on the ground. Tangling your fingers in your hair, you took a few unsteady and shaky breaths. The anxiety still lingered. You felt it from the hammering of your heart in your chest and your rapid breaths.

You kept your eyes closed, too afraid of all the eyes that could be on you right now. You didn't dare open them... until you felt a hand on your shoulder.

With a startled gasp, you jumped and your eyes flew open. But you only felt relief when you came face to face with Margot.

"Shh. It's only me." She whispered as she sat in front of you and took your hands from your hair and into her own. She squeezed them both and shushed you softly.

"Take a breath. It's alright."

You nodded and swallowed thickly, trying to rid the lump in your throat. "I'm sorry. I just got overwhelmed and you let go of my hand and I,"

She shook her head and gave your hand another squeeze. "Don't apologize. I know it can be scary and overwhelming. I'm sorry I let your hand go, I won't let it happen again." She promised. "Just take a deep breath. Everything's okay now and when you're ready we can just go home if you want to."

You nodded and took a few breaths to steady your fast-beating heart. You just gazed into Margot's eyes for a moment as she coaxed you through the last of the anxiety that lingered but passed over quickly.

"Okay? Better?"

You nodded and she slowly helped you to your feet. But, in case you felt a little unsteady, she wrapped her arm around your waist to make sure you were safe.

"I love you. Let's go home now. I think a movie marathon is a good way to spend the rest of the day." She grinned as she kissed your cheek, relieved and overjoyed to hear you giggle in response.