VIII

When Zak got home after the transplant his mother made him stay in bed for a few days just to let his body get use to the new body part.  While he was in bed Billy came to see him.  "Hey, it's good to see you" hugging him.  "It feels good to be home, but I just wish I knew where Wendy was.  I'm raked with guilt that I didn't let her get tested just so she could save my life"Zak said feeling like banging his head against the wall. 

"Zak, she did save your life.  Corey told me that he talked to Wendy, she matched you but she was apprehensive that if you found out that it came from her you wouldn't take it so she made the hospital tell you it was from a private donation" Billy replied.  "Does he know where she is I have to talk to her".  "No he never found out I'm sorry Zak"Billy said. 

"Thanks tell the guys I'll talk to them later".  "All right" and left.  A few weeks went by and Aaron was walking around Virginia City when he went to the Washoe Club.  "Hey Aaron what's up".  "Brad my favorite owner how you doing?" giving him a hug.  "Good we heard about Zak how's he doing?" he said.  "Good he's getting so antsy to do an investigation or just get out of the house before his mother drives him up a wall". 

"Well if he just wants to come for a visit you guys are always welcome we even have someone who use to work with you guys but she's on medical leave for a few more days"he remarked.  "Really what's her name?".  "Wendy Bangs ring a bell"he asked.  "Yea if you don't mind me asking why is she out on medical leave" Aaron said.  "She donated a kidney to her father hey it was nice seeing you" and Brad left. 

At his house Zak was swimming when his phone went off.  He got out and answered it.  "Hey Aaron how's Virginia City?". "Hasn't changed much look I know you're getting antsy at the house since you've been quarantine so how about in a few days you and me go back to Virginia City".  "I love you Aaron if I don't get out of this house and away from my mom I will start investigating my own house for ghosts" Zak replied.  "All right we'll talk more about it later" and Aaron hung up.