five

"Okay class, quiet down and go back to your seats." the room teacher said. I was already in my seat, but my eyes kept on following the new guy. People were whispering to each other about the new student who is standing in front of the whole class. Who is he? Is he new? I've never seen him before.

"So class, last week you must've heard that there is going to be a new student coming right?" the teacher asked.

"Yess!" the students including me and the girls answered in unison.

"Well, he is the new student the teachers talked about last week. Introduce yourself please." the teacher told the students, then turning to the new kid.

"H-hi guys. My name is Minho, Lee Minho and I'm new here. My family travel for a living and we moved here recently. I hope we can be friends!" he said, hesitant at first, but slightly excited at the end.

"Okay Minho, welcome to SKZ School. You can take a seat beside Y/N." the teacher said while pointing towards my direction. I just looked at him because I was a part of the "mean girl" group in this school, so I didn't want to upset the girls. However, it seems like I have heard the name "Minho" before. I just can't seem to remember it. I shrugged it off, though.

*fast forward to end of school*

The classes today went by so slow. It was a coincidence that me and Minho have almost every class together, except for Art. He had Music at that time.

"Boo!" Yuna said, making me startled.

"Yuna!! What was that for?!" I shouted at her.

"I saw that you were just staring at something, so I wanted to scare you for fun." Yuna pouted.

"Aww... You're the best, but not really because you just scared me." I glared at her.

"Okay okay, enough you two." Hwasa said as the 'mom' of the group. "Let's go home."

We walked home and we decided to part ways when we entered our neighborhood. Yes, all of us stayed in the same neighborhood. That time when we went to the movies, they went together without telling me.

I arrived home at about 6pm, so there was enough time for me to shower and change into my nightwear. I went down for dinner because my family usually have dinner at around this time. We had fun eating dinner as a family since everyone had a happy day.

"Um, mom? Dad? I have a question. There's this new kid in my class and his name is Minho. However, I feel like I have met him before. It's just that I don't know when and where." I started off a conversation at the quiet table.

"Oh sweetie, we forgot to tell you. Remember when we lived in Malaysia for a few years? Well, he was your classmate there. You probably don't remember him because you were so young at that time." my dad said.

I just sat there, frozen, nothing coming out of my mouth, and blinking every second. "Wait, you mean the Minho?" I asked, emphasizing the 'the' and also shocked.

"Yes, that Minho." my mom said, her lips curling up into a smile.

The rest of dinner was just quiet, except for my parents who were talking about who knows what. You know, some adult topics. I just sat there zoning out into my own world thinking about how it could be possible that me and Minho met again.

When I got back to reality, I looked down at my plate and all the food is gone. Which meant that I ate all of them while zoning out. How can that be possible? Anyways, after eating dinner, I went to the sink to wash my plate. After that, I just did my normal night routine and watched some Netflix.

*next morning*

I arrived at the school gate and man, the kids are so loud. Despite being seniors, the younger ones are so loud. As usual, I was greeted by my friends and we went to class together.

When we arrived in the class, my eyes met Minho's. I wonder if he knows me, I said inside.

"Let's go to our seats!" Rosé said, excitedly. It was her favorite subject after all, English. Ugh, I hate English so much. I went to my seat, which was beside Minho's. There was this awkward tension and I really wanted to break it, but just couldn't.

"So, what did you do last night?" Thankfully, one of the girls broke the tension.

"Nothing much really." I said.

The teacher entered the day just went by as usual.

—————
hi guys! i know it's been a while and im sorry... truly sorry!
the last time i updated was like last week and at that time i was in quarantine. now that im free, im enjoying my holiday life, but then also putting some time for wattpad ;)
plus, school started :(

im also kind of disappointed with the woojin situation 😔