Chapter 4

"Wake up, sunshine. You're late," Killian's chest rumbles from underneath me.

Underneath me?

I scream and throw myself off of him, sending myself crashing onto the floor.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I glare at him, rubbing my elbow that collided into the ground.

Killian's eyebrows furrow. "Well, I'm allergic to strawberries, I'm not very photogenic because cameras can't capture the perfect blueness of my eyes, my left thumb is slightly bigger than the right one, I have-"

"What. Are. You. Doing. In. My. Bed," I hiss, scrambling off the floor.

"Oh, that," Killian laughs. "I told you not to be late. It's 7:05."

"You couldn't have knocked?" I'm going to choke him out, Alpha or not.

Killian shrugs. "I could have, but I rather like this wake-up call much better. My hospitality is unmatched. Leave a nice note in the guestbook when you leave, will you?"

"Do you have a pool?" I ask suddenly.

Killian frowns at the abrupt, off-topic question. "Yes, but if you wanted to see me shirtless, you could always just ask."

"No, I'm just trying to figure out where I should drown you," I say thoughtfully.

Killian laughs. "My bathtub would be a good option. But my bedroom has a strict no-clothes policy."

"Pool it is."

"Stop flirting with me. We're already late. I'll see you downstairs," Killian grins. "And run a brush through your hair, would you? You're going to make me lose my appetite."

I lunge for him to throttle him, but he winks and disappears before I can.

I quickly put on a grey t-shirt dress and my black heeled boots and ignore Killian's request for me to brush my hair. My dark red curls were always out of control, even worse after I sleep on them. Unlike Gwen's hair, which is always pin-straight and perfect.

Perfect Gwendolyn.

Shaking off thoughts of my sister, I go downstairs, easily finding the kitchen, and I can sense before walking in that there are five other people besides Killian waiting. 3 boys, 2 girls, one man-child.

Since I'm not shy, I walk right in and immediately assess everyone sitting at the table, using my Sight to help me get to know them without actually have to get to know them. Cheating? Definitely. Efficient? Hell yes.

I already have seen one of them, Knox, from my brief time in Blood Lake last year, and he's just as muscular as ever, and I Know that his Gift is enhanced strength. More complicated, powerful Gifts are harder for my Knowing to gauge, but natural enhancements are much easier to See.

One of the she-wolves with dark blonde hair and brown eyes has an enhancement Gift, improved weapons-wielding, and she's also the Weapons Master. Her name is Jae. She's also mated to the Crimson Shadow Gamma, who isn't in attendance. Interesting.

None of the other wolves have an enhanced Gift, so there's much be more complicated or oddly specific.

One of the males is smaller than the others, still toned, but not overly muscular. He has sandy brown hair and hazel eyes, and I Know that he is much smarter than the rest of the wolves at the table. His name is Gabriel or Gabe, and my Sight can't decide which he goes by.

The other she-wolf, Layla, has tanned skin, blue eyes, and brown hair. She gives me a bright smile, showing brilliantly white teeth. When I look at her, I can see her holding a tray with two glasses of champagne, but I'm not sure why the Sight decides to show me that, not that I know why it ever shows me anything.