Chapter 33

"Are we sleeping in your room again?" I ask Killian once the circulus leaves for their respective houses.

He quirks an eyebrow. "Would you throw a fit if I said yes?"

I scowl. "I don't throw fits."

"You're doing it right now," he says, not bothering to hide his laughter.

I'm about to scowl again when he suddenly pulls me into his arms— then into the in between— and we land in his bed, with me laying on top of him.

"Killian, stop doing that!" I groan, and try rolling off of him, but his arms secure around me tightly.

"Stop pulling you into portals or stop taking you to bed?" he asks suggestively, wiggling his eyebrows.

"And stop making it sound sexual when all we do is sleep." I glare at him, but he's undeterred.

"How many times do I have to tell you that it is sexual, darling?"

"It is not!"

"But it could be," he says, flashing a wicked grin.

I roll my eyes. "Are you done flirting with me so can I go shower?"

"How about I flirt with you in the shower?"

I roll my eyes again at his incessant jokes and scramble off his bed. I'm walking to the door to go to my own room when Killian appears in front of me, blocking the exit.

"Aren't you going to go shower?" Killian asks, amusement lighting up his eyes.

"You're in my way."

"I'm not stopping you."

I try getting around him, but he just moves in front of me.

Sighing, I ask, "Killian, is this your annoying way of saying you want me to use your shower?"

"Darling, that is an excellent idea," he says, grinning.

I sigh again, and hold out my hand. "Clothes?"

He disappears, and reappears a few moments later, placing the clothes in my hand.

He's still grinning even wider now.

I shake my head as I go into the bathroom, but slowly, a smile spreads across my face once I close the door behind me.

When I go back into Killian's room, he's laying on his bed, traces of amusement still on his face.

"You showered," I note when I crawl into bed next to him. I pause, and narrow my eyes. "You smell like me."

"It was a shower-swap kind of night," he says, laughing, and he pulls me into his chest, making me yelp in surprise.

"You're in a much better mood now than you were this morning," I remark bemusedly.

Killian's smile falters slightly, before he recovers. "What can I say, you talk very loudly in your sleep. You have such lewd dreams, darling, they make even me blush."

I scowl, but my cheeks redden. Killian pinches one of them, and chuckles. I smack his hand away.

"You're lucky I like it rough," Killian reminds me.

"You've mentioned," I scoff.

Killian laughs, twirling a piece of my hair. "Since when do you listen to me?"

I pause. Since when do I listen to him? Why have I listened to him tonight? I didn't even fight him on sleeping in his bed, using his shower, or even protest when he gave me another one of his shirts.