Chapter 2(Surprise)

I wake up to the sound of my mom's call from her room. It has only been three weeks since I started going to school and things just seem to be surprisingly fast. I've been having series of annoying chats with Spence and it seems to be taking my boredom away sometimes.
     There's this guy I'm chatting with now,he's kinda handsome, fair and nothing else. I can hear mom calling my name again. Ohmg,I guess I have to answer her,it's the usual call to do house chores which she seemed to have forgotten throughout the past three weeks.

"Yes...mom!!!"I scream

" Ain't you gonna do your chores and hurry to school before you get late?"

"I'll do just that,thanks mom"Well..my mom's practically religious so no maid allowed in our house,we get to do the works our self,stressing right.

" Ya welcome baby"
I go get the vaccine cleaner when I hear my bro snoring so loud. There's no way I'm gonna clean his room for him today. I quickly get a bowl of water and..I think you know the rest.

"Oh..shit Mira,that was cold"

"I thought you were looking too hot and needed a bit of cold"

"Dont let me catch you Mira!!!"

"Go do your chores"I say this and slam the door quickly before he gets to me. I just hope he doesn't revenge because he's good at that.
        I get to my chores,put on some sweet pants and hoodie,I didn't bother checking the mirror as I'm starving. I get to the dining table and now I'm surprised to see my bro serving mom and dad.

" Good morning,Mum!!Dad!!"

"Morning Mira Browne hope you slept well"

"Yeah I did Dad"I say this with a stutter

" Baby whats so strange?"

"Nothing mum,I'm just surprised to see the almighty Derrick Browne serving food"

(Laughing)"Come on Kiddo,its nothing new"Derrick says this with a smirk

"Hmm...If you say so"I say this in a confused state.
    We all start eating what Derrick made for us and then I receive a message coming with a loud beep. You don't wanna know what's coming next.

" Mira!!!"

"I'm sorry Dad"'

" Hmm..you know no chatting,games playing or any form of distraction when having food with family"

"I do dad,I just forgot to turn it off"I say this in a low tone.

" What did you say?"Dad asks angrily

"She said she wants to know why she can't do what she pleases"Derrick says this in a happy tone and I'm now guessing this is a revenge for the water I poured on him.

" No I didnt dad,I just said
.."Mom cuts in by saying

"No arguments please,Mira turn it off now and honey please calm down,ya scaring her"

"I got to go,I think I'm already late so just drive them to schiol"

"Okay bye love"My mom says this and he give her a quick peck.
He leaves hurriedly,hell ya I knew he has no work,he literally is still angry but doesn't wanna show it.Yeah..thats my dad always tryna act cool. 
    Mom looks at me and just pioneered for us to follow her to the car.I look at Derrick who seem to be enjoying this and just leave him while he's continuing after me.
      Mom gets to the school parking lot and this time around the ride is so quiet and quick unlike my mom,gosh .she's angry. I get down from the car and so does Derrick.
       She zooms off without even saying bye to me.