Chapter 1: Mad Man Wilbur

Tommy's POV:

"Tommy are we the bad guys?"

Wilbur's voice echoed through the black trees, towering over us like shadows. The full moon was lingering over us, raining us with a ghostly glow. Wilbur flourished in this scene, making him look powerful and demonic. And the next things he said fit his description perfectly.

"Are we the Villains in this story?" He asked, golden torch flickering in his hand.

"N-No no no Wilbur. I don't think we are" I muttered. His question caught me off guard.

"Then let's be the bad guys"

As Wilbur swung around to face me, his torch danced through the air. His eyes were stretched wide, dangerous sparks fled from them.

"What are you saying" I stared at him. He looked crazy. Mad. Insane. I couldn't find a trace of his usual calm expression.

"I'm saying... I'm saying that we blow up Manburg" he smiled. Fire danced in those eyes of his. Carelessly tapping their soles on his hazel wonderland.

I stared at him in shock. This can't be happening...

"Look around us Tommy. We are the bad guys! Schlatt didn't break the rules. He got legally elected and now were trying to take back his land!" His voice turned harsh.

It... makes sense. It shouldn't. Schlatt is bad. He rules with fear and wants to cross lines we would never even think of. He is evil.
But everything Wilbur said makes sense.

"Why are you still grabbing onto the hope that we will get L'Manberg back?" Wilbur's voice echoed with hints of pity. "L'Manberg is Gone! Schlatt turned it into Manburg and fighting for it will only lead to more bloodshed and we would be the illegitimate rulers of a nation that's main purpose would be gone!" His voice raised to an alarming hight. "I want to blow that place to smithereens ! God help who ever is stuck in the crossfire" He laughed, but I didn't recognize it. This laughter was flooded with pain and glee. This one was the type that poisoned hearts with fear for lifetimes, and this laughter kept rolling out of his mouth and would keep going for eternity if not stopped.

"Stop! STOP IT!" I yelled, a hint of fear in my voice. Damn it. Wilbur stopped and shot me a look a wry smile, suggesting that he knew that my heart was racing. "We made L'Manberg to get away from all of this. And if... if there is no L'Manberg what is the point in this kingdom?" I asked him, trying to hide my entire body shaking.

There was silence for a few minutes until Wilbur spoke again. "Tommy, it doesn't matter. We're fucked. We were fucked the minute we were thrown out!" He stopped and thought again. "You know that guy Tubbo? We love Tubbo! But let's be honest, he's not really on our side is he? He would DROP us at the SECOND he realizes we have no power"

Before I could help it tears dripped from my eyes and my hands covered my mouth. Wilbur studied me like one of his Marionettes just moved on it's own.

"Tommy I know what your trying to do" he started pacing towards me, throwing his torch on the ground, extinguishing it and most of our light. Only way I saw Wilbur now was with the moons light, throwing a silver glow over him. "Tommy I hear it in your voice, I see it in your eyes" I started retreating, Wilbur getting to close for comfort.

"Tommyinnit, your scared" my back pressed against a shadow and before I could react Wilbur pulled me into his arms.

"Tommy, it's okay to be scared" he said, his voice inviting comfort. He almost sounded like the old Wilbur. "Tommy your trying to sound like you know what your doing, your trying to prove you can be president"

I tried to break free but his grip held tight. "Tommy when I said your never going to be president, that- that wasn't a challenge. That's true" he bent down a bit and whispered i to my ear; "Your never going to be president Tommy"

My grip went limp and I sunk into the arms of Wilbur Soot, letting my tears drown in his black coat.

"But Tommy, it's okay! You know why? Because when a man has nothing to lose, it means he can do what he wants!" He let me go and I wasted no time. As I wiped my eyes and sprinted into the darkness filled with monsters I could hear Wilbur shout; "TOMMY IF I CAN'T HAVE MANBURG NO ONE, NO ONE can have Manburg!"

The words echoed through my skull as I ran into the darkness towards Manburg where my best friend was.

*   *   *.  *   *
Thank you for reading this far, I really appreciate it. I will be updating as soon as I have written the next Chapter. I have a few plans for our favorite MCYTs.
Feel free to correct me or add ideas on the post.