chptr 1 continued (y/n pov)

"wait where are we eating?" i ask them

"i don't know, i want sushi" dabi says

"gross, let's just get burgers or something" toga says

"um, i'll go with toga, dabi go get what you want" i tell him, and me and toga walk into mcdonald's and order some food.

the whole time while we were there, i couldn't help but think about dabi. he just looked so hot. "stop! you guys are friends, nothing more" i tell myself in my head.

toga ordered the food, and we were sitting and waiting for them to bring it out. she says under her breath "i could easily kill everyone here, that would be fun" and i giggle a bit.

"me too toga. with a few words everyone right now would be dead" i tell her. she smiles at me.
"order 420?" you hear the cashier say. i get up and walked over and get our food.

i wanted to have some fun, so i look her in the eye and whisper "i heard a rumor, you let me have 3 free vanilla ice cream cones" the cashier looks straight at me and says "wait, i'll give you 3 free ice cream cones on the house!"

i smile. "thanks!"

toga walks up and sees the cashier giving me the ice cream. "hey toga, grab the drinks please, i got the bag and these" she smiles and said "sure" and we get our stuff and leave.

we walk out of mcdonald's, and see dabi waiting for us at the door. he has a weird bag in his hand, and he seems annoyed.

"hey, what's with that face? who pissed you off?" i tell dabi.

"the stupid chaser girl had no idea what she is doing she took forever" he told me.

"well suck it up, we got you ice cream" toga says.

i hand him the ice cream cone and start walking back to the lov base. toga and dabi are walking together behind me, and i'm left up here all alone to myself. i start to think about that look dabi had earlier. "why the hell do i keep thinking about that" i say to myself. "whatever we are here anyways" you think, then walk inside.

shigaraki and kurogiri are sitting at the bar, talking about something and i walk over and sit the bag down on the counter. i get my stuff out of the bag and say "i'm going to my room" and walk off

of course dabi follows, "y/n what's wrong?" he asked.

"nothing" i told him.

"i don't buy it" he says back.

"don't, i'm okay just thinking" i tell him and walk into my room.

"i'm coming in" he says and walks in and closes the door. he has his food in his hand also, and he sits at the desk and takes it out of the bag.

i sit on the bed and begin eating my food. i can feel dabi's eyes on me and i say "what?"

"nothing your acting weird rumor" he says

"i am not!" i snap at him

"pfft. yeah right." he says and shoves some food in his mouth and starts chewing loudly.

"hey cow, chew with your mouth closed your sounds are disgusting" i told him and smiled.

"i saw the way you looked at me before we left earlier" he says with his mouth full. i couldn't say anything back because i was to startled.

"too hot for you?" he says

"fuck off" i told him.

"i knew it, i'm hot" he says with a cocky grin.

"in your dreams loser" i told him with an annoyed tone.

"more like, in YOUR dreams y/n" dabi says back.

i felt my face turn red, so the first thing i did was cover it. it was probably the worst idea of my life. the decision i made right there is what started it all.

dabi stood up, swallowing his food and walked over and sat on the bed. he reached his hand out, grabbing mine and says

"let me see your face"

"no" i replied.

dabi grabbed my hand, pulling it towards him. my face was as red as a tomato, and the only thing dabi said was:

"tomato face"

that made things a little less awkward. for some reason, i couldn't get myself to take my eyes off him. i was just admiring what i was seeing because i thought it would never happen again. so, we sat there for what felt like forever just staring at each other.

eventually, dabi stood up walking back over to my desk and continued eating his food. i did the same thing as well. for the rest of the night, we had pretended that nothing ever happened.

the next day comes, and i don't see dabi anywhere. i walk into the bar, asking shigaraki "have you seen dabi?"

he replies with a blunt "no" and i walk back to go see if he was in his room. i knocked on the door, and said "hey i'm coming in don't be doing anything weird" but there was no response. i open the door to see no one there, just dabi's same ol dirty guy room.