chptr 1 continued (y/n pov)

{{tw:blood}}

"damn dabi, you need to clean your room" i say under my breath.

"don't say a word, look at yours." i hear someone whisper in my ear.

my first reaction was to throw a punch, so i did. i hit dabi straight in the nose, causing it to bleed.

"what the hell y/n??!" he says.

"dabi! why would you sneak up on me like that!" i shout.

"ow my nose you moron!!" he yells.

"l-let me help you!" i tell him, and run into the bathroom grabbing some tissues and running back to dabi's room.

"don't sneak up on me like that! i have horrible reactions to being scared!" i tell him.

"ouch y/n that actually hurt really bad." dabi tells me.

"it was your own damn fault for scaring me" i tell him.

i finished up helping him clean up his nose, and he starts laughing. i look at him, and couldn't help but to laugh also. seeing him like that needing my help was actually pretty funny.

"im sorry i really didn't mean-" i say but are stopped mid sentence.

"its fine stop apologizing it was my fault loser" he says.

i walk back into the bathroom, and throw all the bloody napkins away, and walk back into dabi's room.

"what were you doing in my room y/n?" dabi asks.

"oh um- i came in here to ask where you were because i haven't seen you all day." i told him.

"i was out doing some stuff, why?" he replies

"oh um just wondering because you always come and bother me in the mornings." i say.

"not today, awww did the poor little mouse miss me" he says jokingly.

i smack him in the back of the head and say "shut the hell up quit being stupid"

"damn girl, why are you in a mood? did your little lady friend come to visit you this month?" he snaps at me

"you obviously have a death wish, watch your mouth." i tell him

you walk out of his room and walk into the bar, and see shigaraki talking to toga.

"we have a mission today" he tells dabi

"and i'm not invited" i told shigaraki, jokingly with puppy dog eyes.

"rumor, your useless" he tells me.

me and shigaraki don't really get along, just because of an incident that happened a few years ago but we don't really like to talk about.

"chill." dabi tells shigaraki in an annoyed tone.

shigaraki scoffs and continues on talking about whatever the hell he was talking about. i was actually kind of hurt this time. "am i really useless?" i think to myself.

"its best if i leave you guys alone" i told them and walk to my room.

i heard toga softly say "shiggy your hurting her feelings" but i don't really care.

i felt this wave of sadness hit me, because i felt like i've heard someone tell me this before. someone really important to me. then it all starts flooding in again, the memories of him. the memories of my dad i have hated since i was young. i faintly hear these words in my head "god damn y/n such a useless child. why do we even keep her we have no busniess with her, she isn't as strong as our other two kids".

then the tears started.

i sat on the floor, my face buried into my hands, tears flowing into them. it felt good though, it felt good to shed those tears that have built up over the years. i always felt the need to cry, but there was nothing to cry about.

but now i finally remembered what i've been needing to cry about.

i sit there for a good ten minutes, crying my eyes out until i hear foot steps

i shoot my head up in fear, scared that i will get caught crying and seem weak. i wipe my tears on the inside of my shirt, shooting up and running over to my mirror to check my face.

someone knocks on my door, so i assume it was dabi.

he was the last person i wanted to see me crying.

my eyes were puffy, and my nose was running and red.

"y/n i'm coming in" i heard, and it was dabi.

"uh okay!" i say, hoping he will only stop by for a minute.

he walks in, sitting on my bed making himself comfortable. "ugh, villain shit is so hard" he says tilting his head back

'uh..- yeah it is" i say, my voice cracking because i was still getting over crying.

i'm trying my best not to make eye contact with dabi because you could tell in my face that i was crying. so i just sat at my vanity pretending to be messing with something while my head was down.

"rumor im not stupid." he says

"what?" i said, nervously.

"i heard you crying you can't hide it, look at me."

"i wasn't crying"

"yes you were now look at me."

i look at him, a few more tears falling from my face.

"why" he says.

i couldn't get a word out.

"why hide it? everyone cries."

"because i'll seem pathetic and useless. just like shigaraki said."

he gets up and walk over to me, placing his hand on my chin lifting my head up towards him.

"ill burn him to a crisp, don't let his words get to you." he told me, in a soft warming voice.

i felt loved.

he leaned down, kissing my lips so lightly, just brushing them against mine.

"im leaving, ill be back in a few days, don't miss me to much"

i couldn't move, or even function. "what the hell just happened" i thought to myself.

he walks out of the room, leaving his words at that.

after a few seconds, he comes back and pops his head in the door frame and says,

"don't die, think of that as a goodbye kiss" and leaves.