𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟻 - 𝚂𝚞𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚟𝚊𝚕

Tonight...tonight I'm going to a fireworks display!

It really has been a boring summer vacation. For the first time, I'll go out with real friends.

I stared at myself in the mirror, I don't look that bad. This is enough, I don't plan on pleasing anyone anymore.

(A/N: Change the color if you'd like

(A/N: Change the color if you'd like. Y'all ik it's a hanfu. Y/n just chose to be different today 🥺)

I won't be watching from behind them, because I finally found some real friends who I can watch the fireworks with, who I can stand next to proudly.

They may not be many...but that's fine, you don't need that many friends to feel accepted.

I think that alone is enough for me to enjoy this whole summer vacation.

Dusk was falling, the mosquitos were out, goose bumps were on my arms from the evening chill. The green shrubbery now looking almost black, silhouetted.

Colors muted, as if they had been drained away by an invisible hand, as if the artists' palette had been changed.

The shadows were now twice as long as themselves, the air was damp and cool smelling faintly of a car's exhaust fumes.

The sun dipped lower in the sky until the trees that lines the lane stood as black statues silhouetted against the darkening sky, slowly their shadows melted away into the blackness of night.

"Good evening everyone." I greeted them. They waved back and gave me a kind smile that I would always receive when I enter the student council room.

"Happy birthday, Y/n-chan!"

"Happy birthday to the best Historian ever."

"Happy birthday, L/n"

"Thank you, everyone." I thanked the three of them. They actually remembered my birthday...

"You brought your camera?" the President asked, staring at the camera that I held in my hands.

"Yes, I want to take pictures with everyone for memories. I'll call this 'Our Very First Trip'." I mumbled.

They all looked at each other gave me a grin as they all ruffled my hair. We all waited for Kaguya-san's arrival.

" 'I'm sorry. I won't be able to go today. I'm really sorry'. " Chika-san read the text message she had received from Kaguya-san.

I grabbed my phone from my bag and checked Kaguya-san's twitter. This is the only social media platform she has.

"I want to go see the fireworks with everyone." I read, showing them my phone screen. I'm guessing this had something to do with her family.

I want to spend my birthday with everyone. If even one person is missing, then my birthday wouldn't be complete.

"I won't accept this! We're bringing Kaguya-san to see the fireworks with us! I'll even beat up her bodyguards!" I shouted.