𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟸 - 𝙳𝚎𝚟𝚘𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝙷𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝙵𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚟𝚊𝚕 𝙼𝚊𝚐𝚒𝚌

𝚈/𝚗'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

A red, orange and yellow ball of rage roared upward eating its way through the wooden pyramid at its base.

Plumes of grey were buffeted into the night sky, carried aimlessly by a chill December wind.

Ashen debris glided silently away from the smoke onto the throng of excited and talkative students that all stood in awe of the great beast, their eyes transformed into orbs of light, each flickering orange flame playing a light show on their pupils.

We are roasted from the front, frozen from behind, the bonfire cooking us gently and the December wind reminding us that Christmas isn't far away.

There is something about the flame that renders us without smiles, yet content, the echoes of the hearth perhaps.

Something covered the moonlight that shined upon us to guide us in abyss of darkness. This caught the attention of all of the students.

We all looked up to see some kind of weather balloon and in an instant, it popped. I flinched and shield myself on instinct.

No impact came, so I hesitantly fluttered my eyes open to see heart balloons scattered in the sky.

Those were the heart balloons that went missing this morning, this must the work of the phantom thief that name themselves, 'Arsene', and possibly his partner in crime.

Arsene is the Greek term for 'Like a man'. I wonder who is underneath the mask of that phantom thief.

What am I even saying? I already know who the phantom thief is...I wonder how it's working out for you, President.

"Hey, ya think the thief might be on top of the clock tower?"

"What makes you say that?"

"I mean, what if they calculated everything out? Like the location of the fire and direction of the breeze, all in order to make balloons float like that?"

"But why would they do something like that?"

"Maybe to like, set up a confession?"

"That'd he really romantic, but there's no way. Even at this school, you'd practically have to be at the top of your class to do those kinds of calculations. And how many people have the power to change the location of the fire?"

"Plus, only student council members would have a key to the clock tower."

I'm so proud of you, President. I hope your answer is what your heart says, Kaguya-san.

"Y/n-chan! Let's go find that phantom thief!" Chika-san suddenly yanked me and dragged me along with her friends.

"This should be the place..." Chika-san mumbled, still holding onto my hand as if I was going to disappear if I left her side for one second.

"There's nothing here. What a waste of time..." Kino-san remarked as she tugged on a book which caused a loud noise.

Some kind of thing opened up after she had pulled on the spine of the book. It looked like a secret room.

"No way!!" the four of us exclaimed, suprised to actually see some kind of hidden area.

I already knew about the President's plan, which was to confess to the one and only Kaguya-san.

This simple riddle he made up to distract Chika-san turns out to be pretty interesting.

"Is this a lookout tower or something?" Kose-san said out loud as we entered the area.