𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟻 - 𝙵𝚊𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚢 𝚁𝚎𝚞𝚗𝚒𝚘𝚗

𝚈/𝚗'𝚜 𝙿𝙾𝚅

"Who is this man you held hands with?" the man before me interrogated as the butlers and maids can only watch.

"It's none of your concern." I barked back, avoiding his intense glare.

"It is my concern. If one word slips out about a L/n holding hands with someone not noble, then the whole L/n Household will be furious." Father retorted.

The air became tense, the atmosphere darkened. Even the butlers and maids couldn't say anything to stop the argument.

They wanted to, but they couldn't. Even if they tried, they wouldn't be able to cut the tense air so swiftly.

It was so thick, I'm sure you wouldn't be able to use a katana to slice through it.

"Why do you suddenly care about this? You've never cared for me since that stupid misunderstanding happened!" I slammed the table, pushing myself to stand up.

"As I said, if someone in the L/n bloodline were to date someone of no noble status, this will damage our reputation as the main family." he argued.

In that wine bottle were a thousand perfect grapes, the gifts of the rich brown earth and a generous sun.

"Also, my company is at risk if the L/n Household's reputation decreases." he added, pouring some wine into his glass.

The rim of the wine glass was a perfect band of black and white as if a fragment of starlit sky raced around it.

"I suggest breaking up with this man. I can request noble suitors to ask you for your hand in marriage." he offered.

Father twirled the wine glass by the stem as if he has wanted a plaything and finally it had arrived.

"I don't need those pathetic suitors that you offer! I'm dating him and you have no say in it." I declined his offer.

"It's always about the L/n Household and your companies! You don't even love any of us as your children!" I yelled.

He flinched since he stopped twirling the stem of the wine glass. He stared at the expensive tablecloth in silence.

Noticing his silence, I chose to keep talking. He wasn't saying anything; might as well use this opportunity to get everything out of my chest.

"If you're gonna pay attention to one's wealth and family name, then don't come to me. People like you disgust me." I scoffed, walking away.

"Bring him on Christmas eve." he demanded. I would usually just walk away and head to my room but this got me interested.

"Elaborate." I demanded as well, turning around to face him. The look on his face was different this time, which surprised me.

His face was filled with regret. He looked hurt by what I said earlier. His eyes were soft and his eyebrows furrowed.

The usual stern expression on his face completely disappeared and he looked like a whole different person from the one who would usually ignore me.

"Bring this man to the Family Reunion. I'll decide if I will allow your relationship." he averted his gaze from me.

Father always averts his gaze when he's sincere and willing to do something he promised.

It was pretty amusing to see this side of him, since this would rarely happen, and if it were to happen, then pigs would be flying by that time.

He would avert his gaze when he's embarrassed. It was interesting and worth giving it a shot.

"Fine. I'll make you see the man I have fallen in love with." I turned around and walked to my room as butlers and maids bowed in my presence.