10. Who's There? {CLOSED}

“If I had known the world was ending, I would have brought better books.”

- TWD

_______________________________________

You slowly stood up and placed Yuri in the laundry basket and made sure to cover her before putting her under the table and out of harm's way

The slow knocking continued and it only feared you for what was to come next.

Steadily, you made your way over to the front door with a knife in the air, ready to defend yourself if need be.

The knocking continued and it was time for you to open the door.

You can do this, Y/N!

Perhaps it was because of the pills but you felt like you could risk your life to save Yuri.

Taking a deep breath, you pushed the door slightly to open up a small gap for you to see what was out there.

Strangely enough, there was nothing.

You waited just in case if the were hiding and when you realised that there was still nothing, you opened the door further.

Still, no one.

I guess that was a good thing.

But what was knocking?

Maybe the pipes are acting up, you thought before closing the door.

You let out a breath of relief, now calm that it wasn't danger and you turned to go back to Yuri.

You stopped.

Why?

Because in the middle of the main room holding the laundry basket with Yuri in was a stranger that you had never seen before.

His eyes were very much focused on the sleeping baby in basket.

Your body shook in fear as you now realised what a mistake you had made.

He must have entered through the side entrance.

"...it's so small... and really weak" his deep voice spoke up. Once he finally looked up, you could get a better look at his face.

 Once he finally looked up, you could get a better look at his face