47

Her eyes being covered by the boy behind her, she could feel his warm breath hitting her. Shivering, she curled into her boyfriend's heat and then heard his laughter, aimed at her. She wished she could glare at him, but she couldn't use her eyes at this time. So using the next best method, she punched him in the arm. Hearing his groan, she smiled in satisfaction. He even almost let go of her face, letting her see a flash of light before being succumbed into total darkness again.

     Blindly, [Y/N] was being guided by Kuro. She wondered when they'd arrive there. She also wondered why they were still outside for ten whole minutes. She didn't exactly like the idea of freezing out in the cold during their date. Shouldn't they have gone by car or something? She hoped he wasn't lying when he said that the date would be better.

    The two of them took a few more steps and she finally could hear Kuro's voice. "We're here," he said, his voice colored in excitement.

    The hands pulled away from her eyes and she pried them open. The brightness hurting them, due to the lack of it just a few moments ago made her blink a few times. When they adjusted, she could see that they were at the beautiful lake that Kuro introduced her to before. Scrunching her eyebrows together in confusion, her eyes then drifted to the tent he had set up on the snowy meadow.

     Her boyfriend clamped his fingers around her hand and smiled. "Look, I know this must be strange to you, but I thought it'd be the perfect idea. This was the place where we escaped to when we had problems. It made us closer and let us realize that we were more similar to each other than we thought we were," he explained, his face abashed and all nervous. It was honestly adorable. She knew he desperately wanted her to like this. "The tent I set up is warmed up, so we don't freeze out here. I plan for us to have a nice lunch and then we can go ice skating!"

     She widened her eyes. "Ice skating?"

     He nodded eagerly. "I hired someone to clear the snow off the frozen lake. It's perfectly safe to skate on it too."

    She loved how happy he looked and she truly didn't want to ruin the mood, but there was something on her mind. Frowning a little, she didn't know if she should say it or not. But he noticed it anyway and he grew worried, so she decided to. "The thing is...I don't know how to ice skate. I'm scared I'll fall and hurt myself."

     His hand tightened around hers and his eyes turned all protective. "If you fall, I'll catch you. I'll keep you safe, no matter what," he assured her.

    Giving in, she nodded. She remembered how she wanted to live her life as a teenager more. That meant she had to take risks and try new things. "Okay. I'll give it a try."

    Grinning, he gave her a wink. "You'll fall just like how you fell for me, right?"

    She rolled her eyes and jokingly let out a dramatic sigh. "Shut up."

    His playful demeanor then disappeared and all was left was his genuine self. His eyes softly looking at her, he inched a little closer. "Do you like it?" he asked her, his voice low and strained. He was so anxious for her approval, which was so unlike his personality.

    She smiled at him and nodded. "Of course I do." Leaning into him, she pressed her lips against his. Kuro was shocked that it was her this time that made the first move, so it took him a few seconds before he responded. Their lips fitting perfectly together like a puzzle, the heat sweltered among them, and [Y/N] could almost forget that they were in negative degree weather.

    Still not used to this, her heart thumped loudly and her hands grew sweaty. Nevertheless, they continued to kiss and she was thrilled at the amount of tingles she could feel. Just like a few days ago, her hands clenched tightly onto the back of his jacket, but instead of being upset this time, she was elated.

    When they broke away from it, they were grinning at each other like a bunch of idiots. Finally breaking the stare, Kuro grabbed her hand once more. "Come on," he said, his eyes bright. "Let's go eat some food."

    She agreed and the two of them stepped through the snow to reach the large tent. The sky above them gray and lightly sprinkling white flakes, she admired the pretty view. Sure, it was beautiful during the fall time when she came, but this was beauty in a mesmerizing way. The bare trees were dangled of icicles that reflected in every direction she looked at it in. The lake was frozen solid and like what Kuro said, cleared of snow. It looked nice and smooth, almost like fine china.

     The boy lifted the flaps of the tent and they took off their wet boots before entering inside. Taking it in, she knew that Kuro was right again. It was very warm and cozy in here. On the floor laid a cute flower patterned picnic blanket and on it was a basket that probably contained their food. There were also soft-looking blankets provided in the corner too. Last but not least, white shoes with blades underneath them were set on the side. Those were their skates.

     "This is so cute," she murmured, loud enough that her boyfriend caught it. He sent her a pleased look and her stomach fluttered. They sat down onto the picnic blanket and he opened up the basket to take the food out.

     He set them down gently and when he was done doing so, they thanked for the food. Grabbing a well-made, dainty, little sandwich in front of her, she chewed on it delightfully. "This is delicious," she pointed out in between bites.

     He chuckled. "Stop complimenting me. My egos already big enough....which you can probably tell."

    She stared at him in amazement, gulping the food down. "You made this?"

    "Yes ma'am," he answered with a smirk.

    As if she had discovered something big, she jumped up and holding her head in awe, she paced around. "That's it. It's final. You're going to be the housewife while I'll earn the money for a living," she declared.

     "Already talking about marriage, are we?"

     Horrified, she looked over at him and quickly sat back down. Her entire face red, she quickly stuffed more food into her mouth as he laughed.

     When they were done with their lunch, they stood back up and grabbed the skates. Flawlessly, Kuro tied his laces easily within a minute while she failed miserably. Frowning and annoyed, she didn't understand why the laces had to be so complicated. It didn't help when the boy beside her began making fun of her for it too.

     She ended getting help from him and when they were all ready to go, he pulled the two of them up. [Y/N] wasn't even on the ice yet and she was already super unbalanced, which made her all the more fearful. Holding tightly onto the strong boy beside her, she wouldn't let go. This was the most clingy she'd ever seen herself be.

     "It'll be okay," he soothingly told her, slowly helping her through the snow. When they reached the side of the bank, she glanced down at the ice, terrified. It had already been a struggle to get down here and she could already imagine how much worse this soon would be.

     "I'll get onto the ice and then you'll come after me, okay?" he said, slowly prying her tight grip from his arm. She forced down her gulp and nodded anxiously, unable to come out with any words.

     It was a slow process and the moment she got onto the slippery ground, she held onto Kuro for dear life. Though, as her boyfriend taught her the basics of it and they continued to glide through the ice, she learned to grow familiar to it.

    She ended up falling once, but it was on her bottom and the soreness barely lasted a few seconds. She laughed it off and proceeded to skate.

    The metal under her feet skid and made satisfying sounds to her ears, and she grinned wide. The cold air brushed past her, leaving her nose and cheeks red. But for once, she didn't mind it. Her [h/c] locks flowing around and catching the small flakes, she breezed through the lake and Kuro thought she looked like an angel. She wasn't the most graceful of a skater, but she was enjoying life...and that was what counted.