52

When it was dawn and the sun was barely peaking from the horizon, everyone in the Ideka household heard a bloodcurdling scream. It was followed quickly by the crash of glass somewhere and everyone came running to where it all happened. Every staff, which totaled to around 15, was there in a minute. Mrs. Ideka and her son, Kuro, being awoken from their sleep, had groggily went over there too. It turned out to be in Mr. Ideka's office room and what the saw seemed to be like a scene out of a horror movie.

On the ground was one of the younger maids and the poor girl was trembling with her face as white as a sheet of paper. The crash was from the set of tea she had dropped and the pieces of porcelain glass laid there all around the floor. She had gotten cuts from it, but that wasn't what she was focused on. Her eyes were glued on the hanging body in front of her.

Everyone who ran into the room gasped at the sight. One of the butlers went to dial the police and the other maids went over to comfort the crying maid on the floor. Mrs. Ideka had taken one look at her deceased husband, cried out in pain, and fainted. All of the cookers rushed to her and in panic, they called the hospital. Now it wasn't just the police that was coming, the ambulance was too.

Meanwhile, Kuro was standing behind them all, his face looking pained and his forced tears falling from the eyes.

Within a few minutes, both the policemen and the doctors appeared to the room. Carrying Kuro's mother unconscious body to the ambulance, she was driven to the hospital. The policemen immediately took action, taking the limp body from the ceiling before they investigated their surroundings. Everyone else was ordered to leave the house, so they slowly filed out the door, their minds stuck on the image of the dead CEO.

Scattering among the front lawn, Kuro leaned against a tree and closed his eyes. He didn't give a shit about his father, but he was now worried about his mother. It looked like it gave her a big hit...hopefully she could get better soon and come back to live with him.

A rustle of grass made him open his eyes up again. Turning to the side, he saw that it was one of the cooks. His name was Nori and he was around his father's age. His smile was always warm and he used to always sneak out snacks to Kuro, so sometimes he viewed this man as the fatherly figure that his own father lacked. "Hey son," the man greeted gently. His brown eyes was sad and filled with empathy. "How are you holding up? I know that must've been traumatizing to you. You really didn't deserve this."

"Thank you, Nori," he responded just as soft. The man stretched his arms wide open and accepting it, Kuro hugged him back and they stayed that way for a while.

"You're going to have to stay somewhere else for the time being, you know?" the man mumbled when they let go of the embrace. "I would offer to let you stay at my place, but it's way too cramp. I'm sure during this time of grief you wouldn't like the distraction of little kids."

Kuro widened his eyes in surprise. He didn't realize until now that what he'd done was going to keep himself out of the mansion. Holding back his sigh, he nodded in agreement. "You've already done so much for me already. Please don't worry too much. I'll find a living arrangement sooner or later."

An hour passed of them just sitting there, watching as the police placed precaution tape around the place. Nori couldn't linger there forever. Squeezing the boy's cold hand one last time in comfort, he left the area. Most of the workers had already left as well. The only one there besides him was the cook that called the hospital earlier. He had recently ended another phone call and he was now walking over to Kuro with a nervous face.

"Sir....I just got a call from the hospital," the cook told him, fidgeting a little.

"And?" he asked impatiently.

"They said that your mother ran away from the hospital, sir. She also left a note for you, telling you not to try and find her."

He stood up, enraged. Grasping the front of the cook's shirt, he yelled right into the man's face. "Tell me this isn't true! This is some sick joke you're playing, isn't it!? My mother would never fucking leave me!"

The miserable cook couldn't seem to get out of the boy's hold on him. "Sir, I'm not lying. They even sent me a screenshot of the note! Look!" Holding his phone out, Kuro could see the piece of paper that laid there on the hospital bed. He wanted to scream when he saw that it was indeed his mother's handwriting.

Pushing the cook away from him so roughly that the man almost fell, he stared at him expressionlessly. "Get out of my sight."

The cook wasted no time, running sway from the mansion as fast as possible.

Not including the policemen that were currently in his house, he was alone. Crumbling to the ground, he let out the first real tears today. Crying out in agony, he dug his fingers through the dirt underneath him. How could his mother do this to him!? Was it her husband that only mattered to her? How could she leave her own son, all abandoned and alone?

He could still remember the bright smile she had on when he was a child. Those frequent smiles slowly appeared less as time went on though, when her husband no longer spent time with her. What about Kuro? Why couldn't he be the reason to her happiness? Why didn't she fucking care for him? Why wouldn't she give him a damn chance?

Covering his face with his dirty hands, he lowered his head to the ground. She was just as selfish and cowardly as the rest of this cursed family.