64

Her head spun the second she opened her eyes. Squinting through the sunlight streaming through the blinders of the window, [Y/N] glanced around at her surroundings. She found herself in Miku's bedroom. She widened her eyes as everything that had happened today came rushing back into her head. She tried to use her hands to push herself up from where she sat, but pain tore through her wrist. She looked down in horror to see herself all tied up to the chair....with very colorful...scrunchies?

Miku was entirely serious when she had declared she was going to kidnap her. What was going on inside that girl's head to have thought that this was a good idea at all?

[Y/N] began to move her limbs around, but nothing was budging. She was straight up stuck to this uncomfortable chair. The makeshift ties were actually serving the job really well. Blinking for a few seconds, she realized that Miku wasn't here. Where was she? Did she call the police on Kuro?

The thought of it was making her panic. Letting out a muffled cry through the bandana that was wrapped around her mouth, she pulled harder. It caused the chair to lean forward and to stand on only two of its front legs. When her weight exceeded the hinds, it tipped over and she crashed onto the carpet floor, with the chair laying on top of her.

Getting hot and sweaty, she silently cursed at the situation. She had made this a whole lot more uncomfortable. She flailed there like a fish on land for a few minutes, before she gave up. It was over. She had failed Kuro.

A loud sound echoed through the house and her ears perked up. Was it perhaps Miku? Or someone else? She didn't care who it was; she needed to get out of here. Screaming as loud as she could, she tried to gain the attention of this newcomer.

The door of the bedroom slammed open and her [e/c] eyes fell upon blues ones. Her breath hitched when she saw him, in all his glory, looking like the fallen hero he was. He briskly stepped into the room, enraged by the sight of her. Kneeling beside her on the floor, he began to violently shred the ties to pieces. Her limbs free again, she pulled herself off the floor as the seething Kuro took the bandana off her face.

She had failed him, but he didn't fail her.

They both stood there, staring at each other. She took in his ragged look and how stressed he was. One of his knuckles were bloodied up. Was this worry all for her?

She grabbed his face roughly and pulled his lips to hers. Drowning into him, she tasted him as their tongues intertwined. He was familiar...he was home. She bit down on his bottom lip and he groaned between breaths. She loved how she had that effect on him. She rubbed herself against his warm body and kissed him with all her strength. Making out passionately for a minute, they finally stopped.

"Wow..." Kuro croaked out, his anger fading away to be replaced with awe.

She blushed crimson red and averted her eyes somewhere else. "I'm really happy to see you, Kuro. You saved me."

Instead of basking in the sweet words she had just uttered out to him, he brought up another topic. "What did Miku say to you?" he asked, his expression hardening.

She swallowed, hard. Should she tell him the truth? He would get angry for sure, but what choice did she have? There could be cops on their tail right at this moment. She had to warn Kuro before it was too late. She took a shaky breath and held his hand tightly, to which he did not object. "We went to your secret lake and saw a...corpse," she said. She could feel the boy grow rigid, but continued anyway. "Miku said that she thinks you're the one who murdered him. She also thinks you murdered my parents and your dad. I...I definitely don't believe her though!"

She glanced at him to see him clenching his jaw and staring at his shaky hands. He turned to her and she froze when she saw that a tear slid out of his eye. "I can't lie to you any longer, [Y/N]."

"No," she gasped, denying everything. "Don't tell me what I think you're going to say. Don't you dare."

He shook his head, his sad eyes on her. "I killed them. I killed them all."

For the second time this day, her world was flipped upside down. Instantly letting go of his hand, she shrunk away from him. Tears pooled out of her eyes as she wept pitifully. Hitting the floor in agony, she shook her head madly. "You're lying, you asshole! Take it back! Take it back! This isn't a funny joke!"

He got down to the floor and caressed her cheek softly. His words were daggers, but his tone was of a loving lullaby. It was confusing to her. "I killed them for you. I killed that boy you saw at the lake, because he talked shit of you. I killed your parents, because they abused you. I killed my father, because he wouldn't have let me marry you if he was alive. It's always for you."

She blinked at him through the tears. She was afraid of him...but she still loved him so, so much. She loved him to the point where it hurts. "All for me?" her raspy voice queried, like a little child.

"All for you," he confirmed soothingly. "Come with me. We can move somewhere else together and find a life we deserve. We both no longer have to be who our parents wanted us to be. We can be free...we can do the things we have always wanted to do."

There was nothing left in this town for her. She had no friends, no future, and no purpose. What she did have was love from a guy who went to the greatest of lengths for her. He was willing to lose his morals for the sake of their love. What about her? Could her love for him overthrow the fact that he was a...killer?

He was the only person she had. And that was enough.