Chapter Nine

"To date, Spectre has taught me nine hundred fifty-two ways to kill a human being. I have learned zero on how to kill a ghost controlling my teammate's body. How are we going to get her out of Taehyung? Karrington, you are the ghost expert. You need to figure something out fast," Jin yelled.

I smacked his chest. "Lower your damn voice. Someone is going to hear you talking about killing and ghosts and send you to an insane asylum. Trust me, I know this for a fact, and you would not survive there long, Jin. My mother is not harming Taehyung in any way. It is very rare for a spirit to do this, but I have seen it a few times. Ghosts are able to project their spirits into a human's body. She can't stay in there for more than a few minutes before Taehyung's soul pushes her out."

A toothy grin spread across Mother Taehyung's face. "I am so happy to see that you are coming into your craft quite well. You haven't been listening to me though, daughter. I told you to stay away from this place. He will find you. That is the last thing you need to deal with. For when he appears, you are going to wish you never stared into the devil's eyes."

"I told you, mother, if you are not going to tell me who I should be afraid of or why I should stay away, I will discover the answers on my own. Start talking or I will personally perform an exorcism and vanquish your soul from this realm." The grin started to shift between her smile and Taehyung's normal smirk. She was losing her grip on his body. It wouldn't be long before she was gone.

"A daughter of the night can only be born from the shadows. Beware for he is near. If you are not careful, you could slip out of the moonlight and be stuck in dark for the rest of your life." Her eyes rolled into the back of Taehyung's head. Before too long, his blank stare was back.

Yoongi clutched a dinner knife tightly in his hands. "What the hell is going on? Is that what you see every single day? Can those things take over anyone of us? It is one thing for you to talk about seeing ghosts, but that is just insane."

Picking up my menu, I tried to keep my gaze down. Nothing but fear was in the air. "It is not common for a spirit to possess someone, but it can still happen. Most of them don't have the power or the knowledge to do so."

"My head is killing me," Taehyung complained.

"How long has she been in there?" I said, still looking at the fried rice section. I didn't want to make eye contact with any of them, scared to see their reaction.

Taehyung rubbed his temples. "I have been hearing her voices in my head for a week now, but I didn't feel her invade my body until we sat down at the table."

"Does this mean we have to go back to the hotel? I was really looking forward to ordering one of everything off the menu," Jin complained.

Yoongi waved over a waitress, speaking to her in a language I could not understand one bit. No matter how long you are around someone, you never fully know everything about them.

"I didn't know you spoke Chinese," I noted.

"I speak fifteen languages," Yoongi said as if it were no big deal. "I bet you thought I was just recruited because I knew how to kill."

Jin didn't seem fazed by this newly shared talent. "What all did you order? I don't think you got what I wanted. Can you wave her back over here?"

"Trust me, there will be something you will eat," Yoongi assured him. "Go wait in the car, and I will get the bill and bring it out."

It wasn't a big feat, Yoongi paying for our dinner. All of us received government issued credit cards that our employers and tax payers paid off for us. None of us were allowed to access our own bank accounts because it could alert spies and assassins to our exact location. There was also the minor detail that I never had my own bank account. The silence in the car began to bother me more and more and more.