Chapter Eighteen

Glass shattering was the first sound I could hear as I approached the lounge. Not long after that, the screaming between the rest of Scorpia began to ensue. Pressing my back against the wall, I decided for the first time in my life that it wasn't my job to fix whatever was going on with our team. I had too much on my mind right now to get in the middle of anything else. If these boys wanted to fight for the one thousandth time, I was going to let it happen. I was going to let them beat the hell out of each other if that's what they wanted to do because that seems like the actions the daughter of a criminal would take.

"You really expect me to believe that you had nothing to do with Karrington disappearing after the others just magically turn up. Jungkook, you were the only one here with her. No one else in this building knew who she was except for you," Namjoon screamed. "I don't know why I let you on this team in the first place. The only thing you have done is screw up missions, backtalk to the leaders in the group, and who knows what else you have been doing when we aren't looking. I should let Yoongi carve into you right now and make you sorry that you ever crossed us."

Jungkook's voice didn't sound desperate or scared in the slightest. If someone threatened to use Yoongi's skills on me, I would be begging for my life. "Did you ever think that maybe she wasn't kidnapped at all? You are so infatuated with her and love having her by your side at all hours of the day that you never stopped to ask her what she wants. She is not a tool the government can just use whenever they want to. She is a human being and deserves a life just like the rest of us. Maybe she went to pursue happiness."

"Do you not realize that every single member of Scorpia gave up their lives to be here as well? Karrington is not the only person who has gone through hell to be a part of Spectre. All of us sacrificed our lives for this mission, and all of us feel the stress and pressure she does to make a difference," Hoseok stated.

"There you go again believing that we are just like her. The only reason we are on this team is because they cannot send someone into a mob fight alone. Before any of this started, we were all free to live our lives how we pleased. Before this started for her, she was running for her life. Do you know the kind of scrutiny she has been under since she first discovered her powers? What she can do should not be used as a weapon for the government to wield as they please. It just isn't right. When she figures that out, I hope to God I am not around because I can guarantee you all hell will break loose. That girl is stronger than any of us could possibly imagine, and she will destroy everyone who scorns her," Jungkook responded.

I waited a few seconds before I finally walked into the room, breaking the conversation they were having.

"She finally makes her grand entrance," Yoongi narrated. "Care to enlighten us on where the hell you have been?"

I shrugged, pouring myself a glass of water. Glancing between all seven of them, I knew there were two people who were lying to me all this time. Jungkook was right when he said that no one understood what I have gone through. There had to be two people who knew more than they were letting on. I was determined to figure it out.

"Negotiating peace and making the world go around," I quipped. "It is nice to see that the happy family is back together."

"How did you manage to rescue Taehyung and Jimin? You didn't even have access to any of the information we were using," Namjoon noted. Poor thing still didn't know he would always be ten steps behind me.

"I do believe rushing into situations without having every piece of information is a flaw Scorpia seems to have lately. Not to worry because I took care of everything. They are out of harms way until they go about hitting on another girl in a relationship with a movie star," I responded. Sipping on my drink, I felt like I held all the cards now. I knew everything they wanted to know, but I'll be damned if I let them figure it out on anyone's terms but my own.