Chapter Twelve

Everyone sat there examining the black leather case, determining whether or not it was lethal. Obviously knowing what was contained inside, Jungkook was the only one of the guys who wasn't fazed by the package. He poured two glasses of orange juice, sliding one over to me. I could feel him move behind my back, his body only a few inches away from mine. As much as my mind was begging for me to move away, I just wanted to let him embrace me again like he before. There was no telling if I would ever get an experience like that again with Jungkook, but I hoped if I did, I would know what to do when that time came.

Still examining the outside of the case, Namjoon finally decided to take his chances and open it up. Stacks of files filled the case. On the very top though was a letter.

It has come to my attention that Scorpia is in need of some assistance. Seeing as these have little use to me, I don't mind sharing with fellow hunters. Everything you need to find the Director and Osiris is contained in these documents. This information must come with a warning though. Osiris has quite the temper. You should never cage a beast when you do not know exactly what he is capable of. The gifted should remain hidden for he is not fond of creatures who roam the night. -WW

Those initials had never come across my desk the entire time I had been at Spectre. Why was this man so intent on keeping his identity a secret? The warning seemed a bit redundant too. I was well aware that Osiris hated people like me. That's why he intended to kill every last medium he came across. Is it possible that I am not the only creature of the night who is hot on his tail?

"I don't think we should trust this information one bit. We have no idea who this is. What if it is Osiris leading us into a trap?" Jin stated.

Jungkook bent down, whispering in my ear. "The team is never going to act on this information. Director Atkins is going to be killed in a few hours if we cannot convince them otherwise. You need to decide for yourself whether we should convince them to trust this man or not."

I knew he was right about the team being skeptical to accept information in this way, but I also knew that this man, whoever he was, was telling us the truth. There was just something in my bones telling me that for once in my life, I needed to trust someone.

"I had a vision about this being delivered. The time and day was not very clear, so I didn't think it was worth sharing. This package is legit. If we go through the contents, we will find both of them." I lied.

"Maybe this is just good karma coming our way. It is about time that someone helps us out," Hoseok added.

Namjoon seemed the most concerned about the package but kept his opinion to himself until people started to speak up. "This could very well lead us to Director Atkins, but we also have to take into account that whoever WW is, he could want us to repay him for doing us this favor. How can we trust the source if we don't even know their identity?"

"Regardless," Yoongi said. "We already have the information. I doubt he is going to barge through that door to collect it again. We might as well use what we have."

Hoseok pulled the files out, passing one to each of us. "Let's go ahead and get started then. Go through the information, and we will meet back up in twenty minutes to discuss what we have found."

Everyone went their separate ways in search of a place to focus. I continued to sit at the kitchen bar, drinking the glass Jungkook had brought me. My file was mainly full of information that we already knew. In order to verify that their gifts were in fact real, Osiris contacted witnesses who had seen it in some form. Then, he used his own medium to contact the spirits and convince them they could cross over if they did his bidding. As soon as the mediums arrived in town, he would wait until they came to the location the spirit told them about and murder them. The public display of the body was meant as a warning for other mediums to distance themselves from their craft or pay the ultimate price.