Three

~ (y/n)'s P.O.V. ~

I walked out of the library, rubbing at my eyes. Despite knowing where Five's family was, I still decided to try and bide my time by reading up on who I could. In the end I found a book by his sister, Vanya, as well as several articles about the group when they were kids. I had read most of the book, and some of the articles, interested in the things I found in both that Five had told me, and intrigued by what he hadn't. 

As I walked along the sidewalk, I noticed a small blue car creeping along near a department store. Watching the car and the two familiar silhouettes inside made me falter. Original plans of dinner and a motel went out the window as my eyes trailed after the car. It made a turn, then disappeared behind the back of the building. At the same time, a figure ran across the parking lot at the front. I watched for a moment longer as the figure stopped at the doors, then there was a flash of blue.

"Five." I whispered to myself, then I made my way across the street, walking carefully to the building. I made my way to the back, knowing I couldn't teleport through the front like Five had. The blue car from earlier was parked here, too, but no one was in it. Though, if this car belonged to who I thought it did, this wasn't a good sign. 

I turned, pulling on the handle of the propped open door of the store, then walked in.I quickly made my way down the dim hallway, then pushed through another door that opened up to the actual store. I got a glimpse of two figures walking down one of the aisles, then they started shooting. 

"No!" I winced at Five's yell as one of the mannequins fell over as result of being shot in half, then I ducked down, running down one of the aisles towards the people shooting. 

"You see that?" A woman's voice. I knew her. 

"You said he was special. So now what?" I peeked around the clothes I was behind, seeing the two people had masks on, one with a bear and one with a dog. I sighed, moving back behind the clothes, shaking my head. Of course I would be right. It was Hazel and Cha-Cha be on the job.

"You start over there, I'll go to the other end. Meet in the middle. Shoot anything that moves." I huffed a breath at Cha-Cha's command to Hazel, then I flicked a hand up as Hazel approached. A vine grew from the floor, then wrapped around Hazel's leg. I curled my fingers, clenching them down. In turn, the vine tightened on his leg, and with his next step he was falling. Hazel let out a yell as he went down, and his gun went skidding away from the both of us.  I scrambled for the gun, only managing to shove it away before a hand yanked on my ankle, bringing me down too.

"You're not Five." I shook my head at Hazel, quickly getting up as he did, then we were facing each other. 

"Sorry to disappoint." I threw a punch at Hazel, but he dodged it, then threw his own punch, hitting me in the mouth. I licked at my lips, ducking down after his next throw and moving behind him. I lifted my leg, kicking the back of his knee, causing him to fall a second time. 

"Who the hell are you?" Hazel asked, panting. I looked at Hazel.

"No one you need to know." I turned and ran down the aisle before Hazel cold go after me again. 

"There's a second one!" Hazel yelled out, and I dropped down in the aisle as Cha-Cha's aim turned to me. Five appeared in the aisle I was on, a bag on his shoulder. He paused when he saw me. 

"(y/n)? What are you doing here?" Five questioned, gritting his teeth. I sent him a glare, shrugging at him.

"Oh, I'm just living my best life while being shot at." I whispered back. Five crouched beside me. 

"Are you trying to get on the Commission's bad side?" Five hissed out, slightly glaring at me. I shrugged. 

"It's not like they really know it's me." Five frowned, then scoffed, holding his hand out to me. 

"Come on, before they kill us both." I grabbed his hand, and Five moved forward, trying to teleport away, but the air only warped around us, then fell still. Five let out a grunt, trying again, but the same thing happened. 

"Shit! Come on!" Five pulled me forward to a set of shelves, then let go of my hand, gesturing me forward. I hauled myself over, hearing Hazel and Cha-Che begin to shoot as Five jumped over. He stumbled as he landed beside me, gripping his arm. The bag was gone now. I glanced at Five, concerned as he pulled me behind one of the registers, squishing us against each other as police sirens could be heard in the distance. 

"Your arm." I whispered, going to look at the injury, but Five shook his head at me. 

"The bastard jumped again. And the girl is gone." Hazel said, his voice faint to me. I could hear Cha-Cha's scoff that followed.

"Come on, let's go." I waited with Five as the sirens came closer. 

"We should go, too. The police will show up soon and it'd be better if both of us didn't get arrested. I can help take care of where they shot you." I offered. Five swallowed, shaking his head. 

"It's better you stay away and not get into more trouble with the Commission because of me. Just go home." He insisted, refusing to meet my eyes and instead try to look at his injury.

"The Commission isn't where I want to be. I want to help you." I argued, frowning at him. Why did it always have to be what he wanted? 

Five sighed, leaning his head back, then he warped away. I tilted forward, hands grasping the ground as I caught myself. I scowled, quickly standing and looking around as police cars turned into the parking lot. I watched them for a moment, then I turned, running to the back of the store. 

When I got outside, the blue car was gone and Five was yards away from me. He gave me a two finger salute, then warped away again, and I huffed out a breath, glaring at where he had been standing. 

"Asshole." I muttered, then I started walking away from the store, thinking again to getting the motel room, even though I didn't feel tired anymore. There'd be no where else for me to go, and I need I'd need the rest.