Seven

~ (y/n)'s P.O.V. ~

I woke up to hushed laughing. I scrunched my nose, wishing whoever it was would shut up. But the laughing only got closer. I reluctantly blinked my eyes open, seeing Diego and Luther standing above Five and me. Diego had a large smile on his face, while Luther stood behind him, looking confused. 

"Oh, they're drunk as a couple of skunks." I sniffed, glaring at Diego.

"Actually, I'm not drunk at all. Just Five." I grumbled, not happy with being woken up, but also at my choice of sleeping while sitting up. Diego whistled out. 

"He drank the whole bottle himself?" I shrugged, moving to sit up, but I quickly realized Five's hold on me was still tight, despite him being asleep. 

"A feat I assure you he has made many times." I gently unlaced our fingers and moved one of Five's arms hands from around me. I slowly did the same with the other. 

"Doesn't matter how many time he's done it. We should go before security comes for you two." Luther said, shifting on his feet. I furrowed my eyebrows, but nodded. I pulled myself away from Five, making him stir, then wake up as I stood. Five hummed, blinking and squinting his eyes as he looked at me. 

"Where are you going?" Five asked me, his voice thick with sleep. I sighed. 

"We have to go with Luther and Diego before security comes." Five huffed out a breath, nodding. He moved to stand, but quickly stumbled. I barely caught him, giving a look to Luther and Diego. "Maybe one of you ought to carry him?" I suggested. Five took in a breath. 

"Or you could carry me." He murmured and I laughed. 

"Yeah, we wouldn't make it three feet before we both went down." Luther scoffed, then scooped up Five. Five let out a sound of weak protest, holding a hand out to me. I huffed a breath, then grabbed his hand as we made our way out of the library. 

~

"Well, we can't go back to the house. It's not secure. Those psychopaths could come back at any moment." Luther said as him and Diego turned down an alley way, and I trailed after them, still holding Five's hand. 

"My place is closer. No one will look for him there." Diego replied. I trailed beside Luther, still holding Five's hand in mine since he wouldn't let it go. I frowned at Five as he burped, then let out a sigh. Luther paused, glaring down. 

"If you vomit on me..." Luther trailed off, glaring at Five. I scoffed at him. 

"You wouldn't be the first." Luther pulled a look, then continued walking forward again. Five leaned back in Luther's hold, flashing a smile at me. 

"You know what's funny?" Five asked me as he scrunched his face. "Aah! I'm going through puberty." Five huffed out a breath. "Huh. Twice." I gave him a small smile as he closed his eyes, still leaning back. 

"You and me both, baby." I replied as I reached over with my other hand, pushing his head back up. "If you lean back like that you'll make yourself sick." Five whined. 

"I wanna see you." Five objected and dropped his head back again. I huffed at him. "I drank that whole bottle, didn't I?" Five asked, and I hummed, nodding even though I knew he knew the answer. "That's what you do when the world you love goes bye-bye." Five continued, then weakly threw out the hand that was holding mine. "Poof, it's gone." Five paused, dropping our hands back down. He blinked at me. "What were they talking about?" Luther sighed. 

"Two masked intruders attacked the Academy last night." Luther muttered. 

"They came looking for you." Diego added, not looking back as he walked forward. 

"They mean Hazel and Cha-Cha came. Pains in the ass if you ask me." I added on. Five squinted his eyes. 

"Is that why you have the bandage on your head?" He asked and I nodded. 

"Cha-Cha knocked me out with the chandelier, but I'm fine." Five scowled, glaring.  

"I'll kill her." Five growled out. I huffed a laugh. 

"Likely not." Five grunted as Diego turned, walking backwards and a squinted look was sent my way. 

"So you do know them?" Diego questioned. His voice had an accusing tone to it. I nodded. There was no point in lying about it.

"Of course I do. They're like my coworkers, but a different department. Apparently the best of the best." Five perked up, lifting his head. 

"Except for me, of course." Five chimed in. I nodded again, gesturing to Five. 

"Except for Five."  I repeated in agreement. 

"The best of what?" I opened my mouth to answer, but Five cut me off. 

"You know, Dolores always said she hated when I drink." Five let out a laugh, leaning to look at me again. "She said it made me surly." I shrugged. 

"I think you're cute. You get more affectionate to me." I said and Five nodded. 

"Yeah, because the last time is when we-" I put a finger over Five's lips, shushing him. Five pouted at me as he tilted his head back further.

"Hey! I need you two to focus. What do this Hazel and Cha-Cha want?" Diego stopped walking and came closer to us. "We just wanna protect you." I swallowed, glancing over at Five. He had a smile on his face. 

"Protect me? (y/n)? I don't need your protection, Diego, and neither does she. Do you have any idea how many people we've killed? Me more than her, but that's besides the point. We're the Four frickin' Horsemen. The apocalypse is coming." Five shifted, then let go of my hand to turn over Luther's shoulder, throwing up. I grimaced, stepping away before any could splash onto me. Luther turned his head up, looking annoyed, and Diego rolled his eyes, stepping away and walking forward again. Five groaned, wiping at his mouth when he was done. Luther started following Diego and I fell into pace behind him. Five smiled lazily at me over Luther's shoulder. 

"I told you that you'd make yourself sick." I scolded and Five waved a hand at me, quickly shushing me. 

It wasn't long before we made it to Diego's place. He shuffled us through, not saying anything as he opened his door and let us in. Luther went in first, heading straight for the bed to set Five down. 

Five's eyes fluttered as Luther stepped away, gesturing for Diego to talk to him outside of the room. I watched as they left, then I went to Diego's small kitchen, getting a glass of water and wetting a rag, then I went back to Five. 

"Five, baby, can you drink some water for me before you go to sleep?" Five hummed, peeking his eyes open. 

"What do I get if I do?" Five asked, a smirk pulling up at his lips. I shrugged. 

"For starters, I won't kick your ass." Five's smirk fell to as scowl, but he still slowly lifted himself up and I helped him drink some of the water. When Five was finished, I put the glass on the side table, then gently put the wet cloth on his forehead. Five blinked his eyes open, fighting off sleep as he tilted his face to me. 

"Come sleep with me." I frowned, brushing my fingers through the front of Five's hair. "Please." Five's voice was pleading and small. I let out a breath as his pouted, then I crawled over him, sitting beside him on the bed. Five sighed out, pulling me to lay down, then he cuddled close to my side. I let my fingers trail through his hair as Five gave into sleep again. 

I stared at the ceiling, playing with his dark locks as Five snored, his breath wafting over my neck. I closed my own eyes, caught up in the warmth of laying there with Five. I could faintly hear Luther and Diego's whispers outside the door, but I chose to ignore them, living in the bliss of this semi-normal scenario I was living in. Five huffed out in his sleep, pulling me closer and I smiled. I turned my head slightly, kissing his forehead above where I had put the cloth.