Eleven

~ (y/n)'s P.O.V. ~

I sighed as Five unbuckled the seat belt he had over us. Originally, I was going to sit in the back, but Five insisted I sit with him in the front, even though we'd be crammed between Luther, him, me, and the fake briefcase we had put together. With the seat belt off of us, Five wrapped an arm around me, looking around. 

"You know, I never enjoyed it." Five said as he looked at Luther over my head. 

"What?" Luther asked, turning his head to Five, seeming stiff and unsure as we sat there. 

"The killing. I mean, I was... I was good at my work, and I... I took pride in it. But it never gave me pleasure." Five sighed, twirling a piece of my hair in between his fingers. "I think it was all those years alone. Solitude can do funny things to the mind." Five continued. Luther slowly nodded, staring forward. 

"Yeah, well, you were gone for such a long time. I only spent four years on the moon, but that was more than enough. It's the being alone that breaks you." Luther replied. Five swallowed, giving a slight nod and kissing the side of my head. "Did you...enjoy your work in the Commission, (y/n)?" I shrugged at Luther's question. 

"I never got to be as good as Five. I had the smarts, but not the correct emotions. I was too compassionate, but I wanted to make my Aunt proud, as well as stay with Five as long as I could. In all honesty, I was built more for management, but I hated it because of the way I was isolated. Either way, my Aunt was insistent on me working with Five, which I won't complain much about. If I could leave and only take the good parts with me, though, I'd only take Five and that's it. My time there wasn't... the best." I answered. Luther hummed as if he knew what I was talking about, but I knew he was just trying to waste time. 

"You think they'll buy it?" Luther asked as he tapped the briefcase beside me. Five shifted, studying the case. 

"Well, what I do know is they're desperate." Five replied. I nodded. 

"It's like if a cop loses his gun. As soon as the Commission finds out..." I trailed off, drawing a finger along my neck. Luther stared at me with wide eyes as Five sighed. 

"Yeah, they'll be in deep shit. Oh, not to mention the fact that they'll be stuck here until they get it back." Five added on. I nodded, laying my head back against the seat. 

"Well, I should hold onto it?" Luther suggested. I furrowed my eyebrows and frowned. 

"What?"

"In case they make a move on either of you." Luther added on. Five hummed. 

"Okay, Luther, but be careful. I mean, I've... I've lived a long life, but...you're still a young man. You got your whole life ahead of you. Don't waste it. The same goes for you, love." Five told the both of us. I stared at Five. 

"Well, I don't care how long of a life you think you've lived, your ass better be safe as well or I'll be so pissed at you." I told him, frowning. I was serious about it, I didn't just get him back for him to pull a disappearing act again. Five turned me to face him, giving me a small smile. 

"I'll be fine. I was just giving you both a precaution, who you should take priority on saving if things go south." Five said. I scoffed, using a hand to gently grab his chin. 

"Well, I throw your suggestions to the wind, and you shall still take my priority." Five moved to object, but I shook my head. "You know I won't listen to you if you tell me otherwise." Five sighed and nodded as I took my hand away. Five turned to face forward, moving his arm from around my waist and to grab my hand. In the distance, a car quickly drove in our direction.