Four

~ (y/n)'s P.O.V. ~

I sighed out as I walked down the sidewalk. I had decided after my semi-decent breakfast at the motel that my best bet of finding Five again was going back the the Umbrella Academy, assuming he might be with his family. Either that, or they'd hopefully have clues to where he was. Yet, as I walked, I was beginning to second guess my decision. Five had been trying so hard to avoid me, even before this whole mess, so why was I still prodding? Why was I still here instead of taking him back and turning him in like he deserved?

I stared at the ground, slowly coming to glare at it. Part of me couldn't believe I was so set on protecting him, but the other half knew that's how it would always be. No matter how hard Five had broken me up, shoved me back into the stifling box of the Commission, I'd always care for his safety first. 

So, I continued on to the Academy, set on seeing him again, even if it pissed him off. Yet, I slowed as I came to the alley beside the Academy, hearing rustling coming from there. When I turned the corner, though, I saw it was only Klaus. This time, he was hopping out of a trashcan.

"You have to dumpster dive from your own home?" I called, and Klaus turned, opening his arms. 

"(y/n)! My most favorite person. What are you doing here?" I walked closer to Klaus in the alley, frowning as he brushed off some of the trash that had been stuck to him. 

"I found my partner." I started off, glancing at the building beside us. 

"Oh, pray tell. Where is he?" Klaus asked. He smiled, drumming his fingers against each other. I had fully caught his attention. I shifted on my feet, staying quiet for a moment. 

"That's why I'm here, actually. My partner...he was Five." Klaus stared at me, blinking. 

"Well, no wonder your partner was a joke, Five's a little-" Klaus paused, eyes widening, then he let out a laugh. "Oh, my God! You're the (y/n) he went to bed with?" I choked out a cough, feeling my face burn as I turned my face away from Klaus.

"What- I- How would you know that?" My voice cracked in my embarrassment, part of me wondering if Five really would've told. Klaus shrugged as I faced him again.

"He told me the very short version when I tried to blame his grumpiness on being horny." Klaus explained. I shook my head and scoffed, regaining my composure. 

"No, it's definitely just his personality." I grumbled, crossing my arms, Klaus huffed a laugh, nodding. 

"Definitely is. But you know, he just left, like..." Klaus looked up in thought, counting on his fingers, then he sighed. "I don't know how many minutes ago, but I know it was less than ten."Klaus determined, and I frowned. 

"Do you know where he is?" I questioned. Klaus quickly nodded.

"For the first time ever, I know what's going with someone else in my family. Come on, I'll lead you to him. Oh, the reuniting of lovers is always fun!" Klaus walked to me, linking my arms with his as we left the alley.

"We're not exactly lovers, Klaus, and he keeps avoiding me so he'll more likely be pissed to see me than happy." I told him, but Klaus waved a hand.

"I saw the look in his eye when he talked about you yesterday. He cares. Five just doesn't always know how to express himself clearly, especially when his mind is set on stopping this little end of the world thing." Klaus replied back, shaking his head. I looked up at Klaus. 

"End of the world? He never said anything about that." I said, brow furrowed. Klaus hummed. 

"He hasn't really told anyone except me because he needed someone stupid enough to do something for twenty bucks. Which, in good news, I happened to receive last night, though he seemed distracted when he gave it to me, muttering about something." I nodded, keeping quiet. If Five broke his contract to do something good, why would the Commission want to stop him? Unless they believed this apocalypse was meant to happen, but why would they want to keep an apocalypse that would destroy the whole world? Everything was at stake here if Five was right.