Chapter 3

"Well Miss Andrews, I'm not going to lie to you, you're really beautiful. Your pretty freckles literally make your face even more gorgeous than it already was. And I love your straggly hair." He put his hand over his chin and quickly put it over his mouth to cover the laugh that was gradually escaping.

"Thanks, my boyfriend loves it too and I keep it like this for him anyways." I replied, smiling. He was silent for a moment and then slowly licked his full, pink lips. I think he was smirking.

"Oh, so you have a boyfriend now? Always thought you'd be obsessed with me your whole life, if I'm being honest." I burst into uncontrollable laughter, while he watched, unable to hold in his own.

"Obsessed with you? Please. It was always you being obsessed with me. Don't you remember how you always chased after me towards the treehouse, not the other way around?"

"Ahh, the treehouse." He smiled at the memory that was probably never brought up until now. "And I never ran after you. I ran because I liked the idea of us being together in our own little, i don't know, like home. It felt like our own house where we could stay and no adults could reach us and bother us." He was now smiling genuinely and the dimple on his left cheek deepened.

"Sooo...you were obsessed with marrying me then?" We both stared at each other for a quick moment and automatically burst into laughter. That's when I realised that my childhood best friend was back.