Chapter 9

Another tiring school day. I had been dreading school, even though it had only been the second day and I was contemplating on whether to stay home or to actually go in. I only had 1 lesson anyways and the rest were just extra study sessions, so I didn't really see any point of going in. But since it was only the second day since school started and I had already had such a bad attendance record for last year, I decided to get out of bed, do whatever I needed to do in the bathroom and then go to my mirror and try to fix my appearance. I also needed to pick out an outfit, which I would usually do the day before but because of Zack and my stupidness yesterday, my eyes closed and I fell asleep within 2 minutes around 9 and didn't wake up since then until this morning. Basic T-shirt and black jeans was what I picked out and a normal messy bun with light, natural makeup.

10.34 am

My first class, which I had inconveniently had with Zack, started at 11 am and I still hadn't left my house to go and meet Lexi. So I just decided to text her and tell her that my mom would be dropping me off because I knew for a fact that I would've been late if I had gone walking. As I stepped outside the car, I instantly spotted Zack and he also saw me and a huge smile spread on his face. I tried to walk quickly to avoid him but then he screamed my name so I turned around to see his gleaming face ready to dive into my embarrassment.

"Hey Yaz, have you got the notes to the last Bio lesson?" He had this strange look in his eyes but I decided to try and avoid the topic and I got the notes out of bag and handed it to him, starting to walk off towards my class.

"Oh, by the way Yaz?"

"Yeah?" I turned around to see him directly in front of my face, a little too close and personal, and quickly looked at the floor.

He came closer to my ear and whispered, "Thanks for those pictures you sent me yesterday." I looked up in shock and felt the blood rush to my cheeks, so I abruptly faced the opposite way and started to run away while I could hear him laughing in the background.