Chapter 4

"Whose the unlucky guy then? Who has finally managed to tame you?"

I looked up from my work to see Zack staring at me, curiosity crawling from behind his hazel eyes. I never quite noticed how beautiful his eyes were. Thick, dark lashes curled upwards and a mixture of green and brown filled his pupils. In fact, his entire face was perfect. He had a small nose, tanned skin and full lips.

"Ahem."

"Oh sorry, what was your question again?"

"Are you finished with checking me out first? You can carry on staring at me if you want." He asked, smirking.

"I wasn't checking you out, don't get too excited." I mumbled as I felt the blood rush to my cheeks in embarrassment. I hated when that happened.

"Really? Then why are your cheeks so pink?" He was obviously enjoying the fact that he was in power now.

"I'm not pink. See, my cheeks are completely normal." I pointed towards them to show that the blush had died down a little. Suddenly, he gently stroked my cheek with his finger and smiled.

"Your cheeks are pink again, baby girl."

I slapped his hand away and quickly lowered my gaze towards the textbook, trying to distract myself with the questions inside. Zack coughed twice to try and get my attention again.

"What do you want now?" He could tell that I clearly wasn't in the mood for his shameless flirting, so he continued asking me questions.

"Your boyfriend. What's he like then?"

"He's amazing." (I emphasised on the amazing.) "His name is Josh and he's beautiful. He plays basketball, is 6'2 and has blonde hair and blue eyes." Closing my eyes, I imagined Josh in my head, who was probably dying to see me as I hadn't seen him for the past 6 weeks.

"A basic jock then? I thought you would've done much better than that Yasmin." Zack scoffed. The boy had the nerve to scoff even after shamelessly flirting with a girl who has a boyfriend.

"He's not basic, thank you very much. He's perfect. And he loves me a lot."

"But you don't love him." He was being serious now, slightly curious about my feelings for him. It caught me off guard and now it actually had me thinking.

"Well it's a little early for for love. I mean, I'm only seventeen I think I still have time for that."

"Of course you do, you're still young and you need to live your life without having to worry about things like that. But at the same time, you can't stay with someone that you don't see a future with, can you?"

That last sentence replayed in my mind. You can't stay with someone that you don't see a future with. I glanced over at him to catch him staring at me, so I gave him a quick smile without breaking eye contact.

"Yeah, I know."

And that's when the bell rang.