P R O L O U G E

Enjoy your story...

-----------------------------------------------------------

【*】

One day, the terrible fire had spread in the town of Patch. Once a lively family lived down the street enjoying the nature around them, basking in the greenery and the sounds of birds chirping happily on the trees around them.

The family, well known Huntsmen of their time, died protecting their Offspring. The unfortunate fate met both the parents, leaving the child to wallow in pain, crying for help as she saw the house and home she lived in burn to the ground along with her treasured parents. 

At that moment she had lost everything. Her father, her mother. Gone. Just a few hours ago everything was perfect. But it was her fault. Her fault that she lost everything she'd ever loved in her life. The moment she took that lighter by mistake, was the time she sealed her fate. 

The fire had spread rapidly in the house, the flames had engulfed the outside in a matter of minutes. The sound of fire cackling as if taunting her very being that she couldn't save her parents, the very people she loved oh so much. 

It wasn't long before the fire department arrived, although it was too late. A nearby Huntsmen family had noticed the fire first hand and were the first to make the call, they quickly rushed through the forest with the smell of smoke getting closer and closer as they ran. Reaching the front of the house, all they could see was a smoldering wreck of a house, the fire still burned but not as much as it did. The house had all but collapsed and with it the survivors in it, the only notable figure was a small child no older than three crying, sobbing, begging for her parents to come out. Anything.

Their first decision was to quickly get the child away from the still burning fire, the fire department arrived the minute they had arrived along with the police. 

The fate of the father and mother was an unfortunate feeling that bottled up the two adults as the child was still awake and crying albeit much softer than before. The police had notified them not long after the house was now nothing but ash as the fire was too much for the fire fighters to handle. 

The child on the other hand was... complicated. She had stopped crying a few minutes prior after painful sobs, her cheeks were red and her tears had dried up, leaving her face in a mess. The two Huntsmen that arrived had taken pity on the girl, they didn't want to see another child move into an orphanage after the recent loss of her parents to the bowls of fire. 

The police department, seeing as how they took pity, agreed to take the child back. She had unique traits from her parents. One could make a mistake from her hair that she was a Schnee, the only noticeable difference was her piercing golden eyes that shined in her eyes like gems. 

An hour after the aftermath of the fire, the child had followed the two Huntsmen back to their home. Her eyes were still facing down onto the ground, refusing to look at anyone. It was understandable, she was just a child. Losing the most important figures of her life had taken a mental toll on her, they had motioned for her to sit on the couch to rest after the long and tiring night. Anyone would grieve on such a loss.

Especially on such a renowned family.

That night, she dreamt. 

Dreaming of a time where she could still have her parents side by side, living a normal life. Becoming a Huntress like them.

But how can fate be so cruel?

Why her?This time, she promises. 
She will never lose anyone else dear to her again.

【*】