Make a Wish

~Make a Wish~

Through smog and humidity, we've made it again!
It's time to sit back, relax, and admire the places we've been.
Today's the day,
Come out and play,
And be with ones from far away.

The bar has been succeeded,
Revealing new iron longing to be kneaded.
"To fresh chances of opportunity,
Another look-in at unity,
Stopping the mockery, quelling the lunacy."

But the shenanigans spice things up, do they not?
Monkeyshines, fluffy kerfuffle, pick your poison, take your shot!
So pull the banner taut,
While negative vibes are naught,
And soak in the warmth from blazes once caught.

Let's honor the day we all got together,
Supporting rain or shine, no matter mental weather.
There really is no debate,
At least according to today's date,
Disarm the hate, love your best mates, and move along!
We best not be late.

We've made it again! Hurray! 10/10!
Sit down, chill out, recall the places we haven't been.
Here's to brand new places to see,
To disabling go, and enabling be,
And loving the ones that hold your key.

Happy birthday! Here here!
'Cause holy cow,
These crazy souls have made it another year.

~end~

Hi! This poem is written in honor of my brother and mom's birthday happening within these first two weeks of September. (Love you two!) It is also kind of for mine as well (it is one day after my mom's), but mainly for my family members! Online school starts for me in two days, so I'm soaking up as much of the last bit of summer vacation as I can. Playing video games, reading, blasting music, drawing, dancing by myself 'cause quarantine...(⋟﹏⋞) all dat fun stuff.

I hope that if any of you are going back to school in person or are already in school, you are staying safe, as well as the people doing online school. The world is a bit spoopy right now, so be sure to be alert. That being said, try not to let stress take over, even though it can be hard. I'm here to talk for anyone who needs it. :} Sending love!

Thanks for reading!

Love, Stardusttoad
💜

Strike a match or click a lighter (mentally or physically) and look at the flame

Strike a match or click a lighter (mentally or physically) and look at the flame. Bring it a little closer and feel (or imagine) the heat of the tiny fire warming up your face.

Close your eyes and make a wish, then blow it out. You deserve to have your wish come true. :}