Chapter 1

Riele sat in front of her closet, thinking of the perfect dress to wear to school the following day. Her room looked more structured than an average teenagers room, made up of few sculptures and artistic paintings, all hung on a plain white wall. The closet was in an ugly state, clothes were littered on the floor and her bed was completely covered with different clothes. Riele looked like she just woke up and her hair looked like that of a hedgehog.

Riele's mother, Nancy, walked in with a shopping bag, she looked around the room with a confused expression and asked,

"Oh my! Did a racoon visit your closet? Why do you look homeless?"

"Mum! You are back. I'm so confused, I don't know what to wear to school tomorrow." Riele replied, ignoring Nancy's questions.

"You didn't answer my questions, but anyway, I got you something. I stopped by the mall to get you this blue dress, since you will be resuming tomorrow." Nancy said and handed the bag over to Riele.

As soon as Riele opened it, she smiled sheepishly and hugged Nancy.

"Thank you mummy, you are the best mum ever." She said.

"You're welcome," Nancy replied. "Now go freshen up, arrange that closet of yours and come help me prepare dinner."

Riele smiled as she watched her mum leave her room.

Riele Tomike Oladele is a seventeen-year-old Nigerian, who resides in Ontario, Canada. She is dark, skinny and tall. She is in her senior year in high school, an ambivert who loves to draw and paint. Riele is from a family of four, an average Yoruba family, trying to stay true and authentic to their culture. Her parents are Jackson Oladele and Nancy Oladele and her baby sister, Cydni Tolani Oladele.

Nancy and Riele prepared dinner and when it was served, they called Jackson and Cydni to the table. Potato chips and tomato egg sauce was served along sides with fried chicken. Cutleries clicked as they all ate, fully concentrated on their plates and Cydni asked,

"Mummy, can I have some more chips please?"

"Yes baby." Nancy replied and used a fork to put more chips into Cydni's plate.

"Riele, how do you feel about being in your last year in high school?" Jackson asked.

"Its kind of nerve wrecking daddy," Riele replied. "I'm excited to see some of my friends but I'm nervous because I am going to be writing my final exams soon."

"Hmm! You have to start preparing for your finals, so you can get scholarships into college," He said, "By the way, have you made up your mind on the university to attend?"

"Not yet." She replied, looking at her mother.

Nancy smiled, "Sweet heart, give her some more time." She said.

Jackson looked intently at Riele and focused on his meal.

--------------------------------------------------

Guyzzzz, this is my first time writing an actual book, I really hope you all enjoy reading it 👉👈🤞.

Feel free to comment and vote by clicking on the star icon below 👇.

Love,
Jxt_maryann❤