Chapter 8

On Tuesday, the second of October, Riele was in her room, trying to do some school work on her laptop. She heard her mum singing from downstairs, closed her laptop and headed downstairs. She saw her mother dancing in the living room and Cydni staring at Nancy.

“Welcome back mum, Hi Cydni, how are you?”

“I’m fine.” Cydni said.

“Mum, why are you so excited?” Riele asked.

“I have no idea why she’s excited,” Cydni said, “she has been this way since she came to pick me up from school.”

Nancy was still singing and rejoicing when she said,
“I received a gift package at work today, it was from Tiffany’s empire. She sent the magazine with a box of chocolate to me. Ah! Egbami ki alleluia!”

Riele was surprised and asked, “Are you serious?”

“Yes baby,” Nancy replied, “You can check it out. You look so grown and beautiful. The exciting thing is that you are on a poster in the mall. The magazine is in every store in Ontario Riele, do you know what that means?” She asked excitedly.

Riele was still surprised, “I don’t know what to say, like, is this me?” She asked, looking at the magazine.

Cydni looked at the magazine and exclaimed,
“Wow! You look so beautiful.”

“Thank you Cyd!” Riele said.

“I’m so happy everything turned out great, you did it yourself and you nailed it. Your dad and I are proud of you.” Nancy said and hugged Riele.

“Thank you mummy.” Riele replied.

                                 ~~~

On Wednesday morning, Riele, Cydni and Nancy were on the dining table having breakfast and the doorbell rang.

“Mum, are you expecting anyone?” Riele asked.

Nancy shook her head and Riele stood up to get the door, immediately she opened the door, she asked.
“Jeiel? What are you doing here?”

“I’m fine, thanks for asking.” Jeiel said, rolled her eyes and walked into the house. “Sorry, I’m just surprised to see you in my house this early.” Riele said.

“Yeah, thank me later,” Jeiel said, going to the dinning, “Good morning ma’am.”

“Good morning Jeiel, how are you?” Nancy asked.

“I’m fine ma’am,” Jeiel said, “I came to pick Riele up for school. Hi Cydni!”

Cydni waved and Riele exclaimed,

“Oh! The school bus is here, mum I’m leaving. Jeiel let’s go.” Riele said, hung her bag pack, held Jeiel’s hand and walked to the door. “Bye Cydni, bye
mum!” she added, Nancy and Cydni waved at her.

            “Green Ville High School.”

Jeiel and Riele were walking down the hall way to class and noticed people were staring and smiling at them. Riele felt awkward and whispered to Jeiel.
“Jeiel, why are people staring at us?”

“More like staring at you.” Jeiel said.

“Me? Do I have a stain on my shirt? Is my cloth torn?” Riele asked looking at her shirt.

“No silly, it’s because you are on Tiffany’s magazine.” Jeiel replied and exclaimed, “Oh look! Someone’s waving at you, wave back!”

Riele waved shyly and asked.
“How is it possible that everyone in school bought the magazine?”