Chapter 19

Few months later, Riele graduated from High school and became a fulltime model. She travelled to different places like, Shangai, London, New York, South Korea, et cetera, doing more runways and photoshoots to boost her modelling carrier.

Riele got into college in September, studying interior design as a major in the University of Toronto. She juggled between school and work. It wasn’t easy at first but she found a means of balancing both. Jeiel also got into college in Toronto and got a job being a presenter for a particular entertainment company, while she continued being a YouTuber.

Sometime in December, Riele got a call from Tiffany, telling Riele to meet her at the Empire. Tiffany sounded very tensed over the phone, that made Riele very worried, she wondered what may have gone wrong and immediately left her apartment and drove to Tiffany’s empire.

                “At Tiffany’s empire.”

Riele got to Tiffany’s empire, rushed to Tiffany’s office and knocked on the door.

“Come in!” Tiffany said.

“Auntie, is everything okay? You sounded very tensed over the phone.” Riele said as she walked into the office.

“Oh! You are here. Everything is fine, have a seat. So, a mail came in today and you won’t believe what was in it.” Tiffany said, smiling.

“What?” Riele asked.

Tiffany excitedly said, “Four invites to the British Fashion Awards, scheduled to take place next week in London, United Kingdom.”

Riele smiled, “No way! Who sent them?”

“It turns out that you were nominated for an award last month and we had no idea.” Tiffany replied.

“For real?” Riele asked.

“Yeah, we have to start preparing for our trip because we are really pressed for time. This is a door to greater opportunities Riele, we can’t miss this.” Tiffany added.

Riele was speechless, she stared at Tiffany and the only thing she could say was, “Oh My God!”

The following week, Riele, Nancy, Jeiel and Tiffany travelled to London for the British Fashion Awards and they lodged in a hotel. On the day of the event, they were getting ready to leave in the hotel room when Jackson called Riele via facetime.

“Hi daddy.” Riele said, heading to the bathroom.

“Hey princess, how are you?” Jackson asked.

“I’m fine, kinda nervous but I’m fine.” She replied.

“You look very beautiful. Ah! My Modella.”

“Thank You Daddy.” Riele laughed.

“I wanted to tell you this before you leave for the awards. Your mum and I have always been proud of you and have supported you through the years,”
Jackson said, “You have been a source of Joy and Happiness In our lives right from the day you were born, you are the pendulum of my life, if you stop
swinging, then I’m gone.”

“Oh daddy!” Riele exclaimed, getting emotional.

“The biggest legacy I will live for posterity is you, whether you win this award or not, always remember that I love you and I will always, always be proud of you, my daughter.” Jackson added.

“I love you too daddy.” Riele said with tears gathered in her eyes.

“Please don’t cry, so you won’t ruin your make-up” Jackson said and they both laughed.

“Riele, c’mon! We are going to be late.” Jeiel said, knocking on the bathroom door.

“Dad, I have to go. I’ll call you when I get back.”

“Sure, have fun darling.” Jackson said and ended the call.

They got to the event center in time for the red carpet, they took beautiful pictures together and went in for the main event. They all went in with their invites and took their seats, the event center was huge and designed beautifully. The awards began and Riele was all bubbly and happy up until just before her category and she started shaking like a leaf.

One of the hosts to give out the award said,

“The Model of the year, for this year’s British Fashion Awards goes to.”

The second host opened the card and they both, in unison, said,

“RIELE TOMIKE OLADELE.”

Riele froze on her seat and was in shock, Nancy and Jeiel tapped her to get up and go. Riele walked majestically to the stage, wearing a beautiful flowing white gown. The award was handed over to her and she was given fifty-nine seconds to make a speech.

Riele began,
“Um, thank you so much, this is totally unexpected. Thanks to the BFA (British Fashion Awards) for recognizing me and seeing my talent at such a young
age. Um, thanks to my manager for working so hard in letting me have a voice. Thanks to my family and my best friend for your constant love and support, thank you everyone. To anyone out there who has dreams of becoming something or someone but is too scared follow them, my advice is ‘JUST DO IT’, follow your dreams, be whoever you want to be, just be your
authentic self because nobody can be you like you, Thank you so much.”

The crowd applauded and cheered as she got off the stage, it was a glorious scene.

                            THE END.

_________________________________________

Guys!!! I can't believe this book is finished. Writing this has been an interesting and amazing experience. I hope you enjoyed reading this book.

Thank you for sticking with me through this entire journey. I'm sincerely grateful ❤

THE RISE OF THE SUN is now available to download as an ebook for free on smashwords.com. Please do well to check it out. Simply search for 'THE RISE OF THE SUN' by Maryann Duru, and it'll pop up.

You can also get it on Apple, Kobo, Odilo, Scrbd and Barnes and noble, at no cost.

Please, do well to rate it and leave me a review concerning the book.

Thanks alot for your support, I'll probably upload some of my other books on wattpad sometime later.

Thank you!

Love,
Jxt_maryann ❤