Chapter 3

It was 7:23am on Wednesday, Riele was up and ready for school, wearing a Nike top, a pair of jeans and her favorite snickers. She packed her hair in a bun, grabbed her bag pack and went downstairs for breakfast.

*Green Ville high school*

Riele got into the class, said hi to her friends as walked to her seat. Jeiel walked into the class, kept her bag pack beside her seat and walked to Riele's seat in excitement.

"Hi bestie, guess what?" She asked, smiling happily.

"Hi, why are you so excited?" Riele asked.

"I just saw our new class mate, he was in the principal's office." She replied.

"New classmate?" Riele asked.

"Yes, the transfer student I told you and Damian about the other day." She replied.

"Oh! The transfer student," Riele said, "Is that why you are this excited, like you just won a trophy or a million dollars? By the way, what were you doing at the principal's office?" She asked.

"I went to the rest room to adjust my trousers and on my way back, I followed walk way 2. As I walked
past the principal's office, I saw her talking to a very tall, handsome and cute guy," She said, gesturing
dramatically with her hands "He was holding our prospectus and few of our text books, that was how I knew he is our class mate."

Riele smiled as she watched her dramatic best friend exaggerate as usual, "So, that's what you came to
tell me."

"Yes," Jeiel replied, "I only saw his back view but I could tell that he is very cute, tall and intelligent."

"You are such a weirdo, Jeiel." Riele said, shaking her head as she smiled.

"He is going to be the talk of the school for the next few days." Jeiel added excitedly.

The literature teacher walked in and the classes began for the day.

"Good morning class," The literature teacher said, "The last time I was here, we talked about figures of
speech, which are; Hyperbole, Simile, Oxymoron, Irony, et cetera. Now..."

Suddenly, the principal walked in with a fair tall boy, who was about six foot tall. The class greeted her in unison and she said.

"Excuse me Mr. smith. Good morning class, this is Trevor Daniels, he is a transfer student from Leicester,
United Kingdom. He will be joining you all in this class, so try to be friendly and show him around the
school when you are less busy. That reminds me, there has been a little adjustment in your curriculum. Music
has been added to it and your time table will be adjusted. You will be having the classes on Fridays
starting from this week at the former gym hall. Thanks Mr. smith and have a nice day class."

The whole class stared at Trevor as he went to sit on the empty seat, which was right next to where Riele was sitted. Most girls around him blushed while staring at him except Riele who was struggling to get her pen out from
the edge of the window.
Mr. smith noticed that Riele was struggling and asked.
"Riele, is everything okay?"

"Yes sir," She replied, "I'm just trying to get my pen".

"Okay," He said, adjusting his glasses. "Trevor Daniels, you are welcome to Green Ville high school. My name is Dave Smith and I'm your Literature teacher."
The literature class continued till the next hour.
As the teacher left the class, Trevor turned to look at Riele.

"Hi, I'm Trevor Daniels but my friends call me Tee." He said, trying to sound less casual.

"My name is Riele," She replied.

"So, I'm your new seat mate huh?" He asked, trying to start a conversation.

"Yeah" She replied nonchalantly.
After a while, she noticed that she had forgotten her favorite highlighter at home, she remembered that Jeiel
owned a bag full of highlighters and decided to ask her. As she stood up to go meet her bestie, she noticed that
Trevor was smiling at her, and in a very low tone, she said in Yoruba.

"Se ti eyi fi n rerin si mi bi asiwere?" (means: why is this one smiling at me like a fool?)

"Did you say something?" Trevor asked.

"No, I was just thinking out loud," She said and smiled innocently as she walked to Jeiel's seat.

Classes ended for the day and Riele bided her friends goodbye including Trevor, got on the school bus and headed home.

-------------------------------------------------

Hi!!! What do y'all think about this chapter? Tell me what you think may happen between Trevor and Riele in the comments.

Thanks a lot.

Please vote by clicking on the star icon below 👇.

Love,
Jxt_maryann❤