Chapter 10

“Christmas”

On the day of Christmas, everywhere was decorated with fairy lights, green and red ribbons and other Christmas decorations with a fully decorated Christmas tree in the living room. Benita was sitting in the living room, waiting for the rest of the family to join
her for morning devotion.

“Merry Christmas mummy.” Nancy said, as she walked into the living room with Jackson and Cydni.

“Merry Christmas mama.” Jackson said.

“Merry Christmas everyone.” Benita replied.

Cydni hugged Benita, “Merry Christmas
Grandma.” She said.

“Merry Christmas my darling, where is Tomike?” Benita asked.

“Right here,” Riele said, coming out from the passage, “Merry Christmas Grandma.”

“Merry Christmas dear.” Benita replied.“So, what’s our schedule for Christmas?” Nancy asked.

“Well, we are going to have a family time this Christmas,” Benita replied, “We will go to church this morning, when we get back, we’ll eat, play games, watch movies and then tomorrow, we will go to the beach.” She added.

“Nice.” Riele said, “I haven’t been to the beach since last year’s summer in the Bahamas.”

“Yeah, going to the beach is a good idea.” Jackson said.

“Yes, it is. The weather is a bit colder than usual though.” Nancy added.

“I’m so glad it's not freezing outside.” Riele said.

Benita smiled and said, “Let’s start our day.”

                                  ~~~

On a Thursday morning, Riele was laying on the bed in the room, checked her phone and then decided to call her bestie, Jeiel via facetime.

“Hey bestie.” Jeiel said.

“What’s up Jeiel.” “I’m fine, how’s grandma and everyone?” she asked.

“Everyone is fine, how are you enjoying your stay in London?” Riele asked.

“London is freezing, it’s like -10degrees out here.” She replied.

“Lagos is the opposite, it’s so warm and windy outside.” Riele said.

“I can imagine.”

“Girl, your YouTube videos are superb,” Riele said, “I just finished watching your vlogmas edition of ‘Jeiel takes London’, it was so interesting.” She added.

“Thank You bestie, I am so happy. My number of views are increasing, the last time I checked, it was eighteen thousand views.” Jeiel said.

“Wow! That’s lovely.” Riele replied.

“Have you heard from Klondike?” Jeiel asked.

“No, I intend to call her today. I just wanted to hear from you.” Riele said.

“Aww! Someone misses me.” Jeiel said, teasing Riele.

“Don’t deceive yourself,” Riele said, “I don’t miss your trouble.”

“Just admit it.” Jeiel teased.

“Fine,” Riele laughed and replied, “Okay, talk to you later.”

She ended the call and called Klondike via face time.

“Hi Klondike.”

“Hey sis.” Klondike called out.