Chapter 18

“New Beginning.”

The following week, Tiffany visited the Oladeles in their home. Nancy was so excited to see her in person after a long time. They discussed about different things from family to business, friends and other experiences.

Riele said, “Thanks auntie for dropping me off the other day, I was very exhausted.”

“You are welcome honey.” Tiffany laughed.

Nancy said “Yes, thanks a lot. Riele told me about everything and how they mistook her for someone else.

That was so funny.” Nancy laughed.

“I laughed so hard when I heard the full story, it seemed like it had been orchestrated in her life from the very beginning,” Tiffany said, “But you had fun yeah?” she asked, referring to Riele.

“Yes, I did, I met a lot of people, made new friends and I even got business cards from three different people.” Riele replied.

“My baby is gradually becoming a celebrity.”

“That reminds me,” Riele said, “someone gave me his business card to send him a mail, he said that he had a proposal that would be of interest to me.” Riele said.

“Hmm, speaking of mails. Guess who sent me an email?” Tiffany asked.

“I’ll be back, let me go get the card.” Riele said, heading towards the stairs.

“Tiffany, who sent you an email?” Nancy asked.

“Karl Longman.”

“Shut up!” Nancy said, surprised.

“Who is he?” Riele asked from the staircase.

“You don’t know Karl Longman? Are you in this world?” Nancy asked.

“Nancy, I couldn’t believe my eyes.”

“Tell me about it.” Nancy said anxiously.

“Okay. So, I opened my mail and found this message from Karl, telling me how he enjoyed the fashion show he had attended in Toronto, that is Andrea Iyamah’s fashion show.” Tiffany said, “He said that Riele’s confidence caught his attention, he had to make his research and he got my email address. He has a proposal and trust me, it’s a huge one.” She added.

Nancy was dumbfounded, “Really?” she asked.

“Yes.” Tiffany replied.

“I’m here!” Riele called out.

“Riele, C’mon, sit, we have something very important to talk about.” Nancy said.

“Okay.” Riele said, looking at the both of them.

“Come on, sit,” Tiffany said, tapping on the couch,

“So, Karl Longman is having his spring launch in Paris next month. He saw you at the fashion show on Saturday, he liked the way you walked down the runway confidently and he is inviting you to be one of his models in the upcoming show.” She added.

“Oh my! That will be amazing right Riele?” Nancy asked.

“Yeah, but who is this man, um Karl Longman, who is he?” Riele asked, sipping her juice.

“Karl Longman is the owner of ‘THE CONES’.” Tiffany replied

“Huh?” Riele almost choked, “Cones like The Cones?”

“Yes, he owns the Cones brand from clothes to bags, shoes, sunglasses et cetera.” Tiffany added.

“Woah! And he invited me?” Riele asked.