Chapter 5

“Dinner at Tiffany’s”

Riele was dressed in a gorgeous red short gown, she wore silver colored stilettoes, styled her afro beautifully, grabbed her phone and headed
downstairs to meet the rest of the family. Jackson, Nancy and Cydni were waiting for Riele in the living
room, all dressed beautifully, and as Riele walked down the stair case, her parents stared in awe. Her eyes met
with theirs and she said,
“Sorry I kept you all waiting, the driving lessons took longer than expected.”

“It’s okay princess, you look amazing.” Jackson said.

“Shall we?” Nancy asked, smiling lovingly at her beautiful daughter.

                               ***

Tiffany’s house is a two-story building with a pool and a little garden at the back of the house. Few cars were packed outside the house and everywhere seemed very serene and
quiet from outside.
The Oladeles got out of their car and headed to the house.As they opened the front door, fresh scents of wine, food and mild perfumes filled the air. The walls were sparkling white and few artistic paintings and sculptures were hung at different parts. The entire living area shone brightly and a golden chandelier was hung in the ceiling, in the middle of the living room, illuminating the entire living area with sparkles of white and gold. Riele couldn’t help but exclaim.

Tiffany walked towards them
smiling warmly with her beautiful dentition, showcasing her bleached teeth.
Tiffany Hudson; a tall Canadian lady, a focused business woman, she owns a
fashion house there in Ontario and owns other businesses in her name. She is Riele’s Godmother and a mother to a set of beautiful twins, Bryan Hudson and Stephanie Hudson.

“Nancy! Jackson! You guys made it.” Tiffany said excitedly.

“Of course,” Nancy replied as they hugged, “We wouldn’t miss it for the world”.

“Congratulations Tiffany.” Jackson said.

“Thank you so much,” Tiffany replied, “Oh! Hi Cydni, how are you?”

“I’m fine ma’am.” Cydni replied.

“Congratulations ma’am.” Riele said.

Tiffany hugged Riele tightly, “Tomike, how are you?”

“I’m good ma’am.” She replied.

“Thank you so much for coming,” Tiffany said, “You look very beautiful, your dress is lovely. You’ve lost few pounds though, are you a model now?” She asked.

“Umm, no.” Riele replied, smiling shyly.

“I was thinking of having a black girl or black model on the cover page of my magazine for the next three months and you could pass for a model. Anyway, we would talk about that later after dinner.” Tiffany said.

“Okay.” Riele replied.

“You all can go grab a drink and dinner will be served in the garden.” Tiffany added.

“In the garden?” Nancy asked, “Tiffany, you are so extra.”

“I know right?” Tiffany laughed, “I’ll
see you later.” She added.

The garden was bright and beautiful, it was covered in carpet grass, few flowers and a flowing fountain. A
table for twenty was set with plates, glass cups and few bouquet of flowers on it. Jackson and Nancy went off to greet other colleagues and friends, leaving Riele to herself.

Suddenly, a deep voice called out.
“Riele Tomike Oladele!.”

“Bryan Hudson.” Riele said and turned around to the direction of the voice.

“How could you guess so easily?” Bryan asked.

Riele smiled, “I’ll recognize a bully’s
voice any day, anytime. Besides, you are the only one who calls me by my full name.” She added.

Bryan laughed, “How are you doing baby girl? Long time no see.” He asked as they shared a hug.

“Yeah, I’m fine,” She replied, “Just tryna live my best life.”

“I see that,” He said, “You look beautiful, by the way.”

“Thank you.” She replied as Stephanie, Bryan twin sister, walked up to them.

“Look who’s getting slimmer.” Stephanie said, referring to Riele.

“Stephanie!” Riele exclaimed. “I’m
so happy to see you.”

“Same here,” Stephanie said, “How is everyone? How’s my Tolani?”

Riele replied, “Everyone is fine. I didn’t know you guys were coming, I thought I was going to be the only
young adult here.” She added.

“We wouldn’t miss our mum’s party for anything.” Bryan said.

“How’s College?” Riele asked.

“College is fine, just there.” Stephanie replied.

“Yeah, College is college.” Bryan added.

Bryan and Stephanie Hudson, Tiffany Hudson’s children. They are classy twins and can be considered as one of the rich kids of Ontario. They have been Riele’s friends since she was born. They are two years older than Riele and they are in their second year in college. They used to have a popular YouTube channel called ‘THE HUDSONS’, which made them famous in Ontario. They own a large clothing line for kids and adults known as ‘STEPHANIE AND BRYAN’S
COLLECTION’.

Suddenly, Tiffany called out, “Gather around people, let the party begin!.”

The party ended and the house was gradually getting empty. Riele sat on a couch in the living room, checking her snap and taking some selfies when Tiffany walked into the living room and sat beside her.

“There you are. Did you enjoy the party?” Tiffany asked.

“Yes, I did,” Riele replied, “The food was delicious, thank you.”

“You're welcome.” Tiffany replied, “So, back to what we were discussing earlier on. I want to change the cover page of my magazine, I want to do something different for the next three months. I have decided to use a black girl with an afro to represent black girl magic, because I wrote something about it. So, I was thinking if you would like to be my model.” She added.

Riele stared at Tiffany in surprise and the only thing she could
say was, “Umm.”

“You don’t need to make up your mind right away,” Tiffany said, “You can go home, think about it, probably discuss it with your parents and then get back to me.” She added.

“Okay ma’am” Riele replied with a complicated expression on her face.

Jackson and Nancy walked into the living room from the garden, with Cydni sleeping on Nancy’s right shoulder.

“Thanks for having us Tiffany, dinner was delicious.” Jackson said.

“Yes, congratulations again my dear friend.” Nancy added.

“Thanks guys.” Tiffany replied.

Jackson said, “We have to get going, it’s getting late.”

“Okay Dad,” Riele replied, “I’ll meet you in the car, let me say good bye to Stephanie and Bryan.” She said as she stood up from where she was, on the couch.

Riele met Stephanie and Bryan in the garden, they said their goodbyes and Bryan offered to accompany Riele to the car park.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hi!!! 
I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter and the previous chapters.

I apologize for the delay. I had issues publishing earlier, but every issue has been rectified.

Imma post new updates weekly. Thank you for your support.

Love,
Jxt_maryann ❤