The First Sign [1]

First I do not own any of the hobbit characters. The only character I own is Erudite. I hope you enjoy :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Erudite awoke to herself sitting in what seemed to her a hospital room. As she looked around she knew where she was, but how did she get here and when. As she sat up on the bed she saw the door open to reveal a beautiful elven woman.

"Well look who's finally up!" the woman said with a gentle smile.

"I'm in rivendell aren't I?" Erudite asked.

"Yes, Miss Erudite daughter of Rosa." the woman spoke again.

"Please Lindell, you know I do not like you always putting miss in front of my name. Whenever I have done something wrong and or haven't seen you in forever!"

Lindell laughed but didn't say a word "Come on really it hasn't been that long really!" Erudite said.

"Its been 8 years Erudite and no letter, no word. Elladan, Elrohir and I have been worried."

"Not like I mean too, I've been busy--" Erudite said until she was interrupted by Lindell "What to busy getting yourself into trouble, that's all you've done since your mother died!" she said look at Erudite. Erudite looked at her hands that were in her lap. "I'm sorry I know I haven't been the same since then. I've tried to find my dad but no use. I'm sooo sorry!" she said still looking at her hands. Just then Elladan and Elrohir brust through the door, running over to hug Erudite. When they were done lord Elrond walked in.

"Well you seem well, other than the large scar you will have when you are done healing." Elrond said.

"Wait, what....... What happened to me?" she asked looking around at all of them.

"You don't remember Erudite?" Lindell asked "Um no, that's why I just asked" she laughing a little.

"You were attacked by orcs, just outside our borders. Elladan and Elrohir took are army out to see why they were so close and seen you. But you were unconscious, so they brought you back here." Lord Elrond said answering her question.

"But man you should have seen the arrow in your side it was-- " Elladan said but slapped in the head by Lindell.

"We must go so she can get more rest. I have a feeling she won't stay to long anyway." Elrohir said they all agreed and walked out of the room. Were Erudite fell back asleep until the next morning.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"BALIN, THORIN IS LOOKING FOR YOU!!" Fili and Kili yell to him from down the hall.

"Balin.........Thorins looking ...... For you" Fili said.

"Okay boys, but I'm not running back to him understand I'm too old to do that." Balin said turning and walking to Thorin's room

When they got there Dwalin and Dis were already there. Thorin stood and told Balin to have a seat because there was a letter from Rivendell. They all fear what it would say. Balin took a seat and opened the letter.

Dear Balin

Sorry it took so long for me to write for I didn't know of the right words to put in this letter. But until a couple day ago. I have good news and far bad news. For the good news Erudite has come back, she is here and well. But when we found her she was not too well, she was found by my son's unconscious with an arrow in her side. She awoke only the other day, she seemed okay but not to sure. I hope for the best with her for she doesn't stay in one place to long after her mother passed. I hope my boys can convince her to go to you. I wish you the best.

- Lord Elrond

"Well Brother?" Asked Dwalin.

"She was shot in the side just a couple days back." Balin said, Thorin walked over to him and put him hand on his shoulder saying nothing.

"I'm sorry brother." Dwalin said looking at the floor.

"But-" Balin spoke but was interrupted by Dis "But what lad, come on!" she said with fear in her voice. "She's alright and doing well, but he's afraid that when she's healed she will run. He says she's been on the run ever since her mother died."

"Well hopefully they can get her to come here, or talk her into it." Dwalin spoke.

"Me too brother, me too." Balin replied. Thorin patted Balin's back. As he got up everyone hugged him and said very wishful things in his ear. Everyone beside Fili and Kili they didn't know what was going on. 

"Who is this girl you speak of?" Kili asked.

"Boys, Balin has a daughter about your age maybe younger." Dis said looking at her sons.

"Well why didn't we know or ever meet her?" Fili asked quickly.

"Her mother was scared because of who she was so she took her, I've only seen her myself maybe four or five times." Balin said "But for your mom, uncle, and Dwalin they only seen her twice when she was young." He continued.

"Why did she not come back?" Fili asked looking surprised.

"She didn't want to, she thought I was the bad guy. And her mother didn't want me to." Balin replied.

"Well I hope she comes, I would love to meet this mystery girl." Fili said walking to Balin and hugging him. Balin hugged him back 

"I hope she comes to laddie." Balin spoke with tears running down his eyes.