The Mystery Face [5]

Its been about a month since I arrived at Erebor and a month since you've really talked to anyone besides Bofur. I couldn't get mad at him, he just too nice. The only reasons I've left the house was to get food for Bofur and I, or go down to the river to wash our clothes. Even though he always insisted that he did them, when he left I left to do the clothes. I finally told him about my past and my powers, surprisingly he took everything really well. We were like brother and sister now.

But today when Bofur left, I did the laundry. I had just gotten back and started to hang the clothes when Bofur walked in.

"Hey lass where are you?" he yelled.

"One minute!"I yelled back. After about two minutes I walked out to the living room.

"So lass, have you got something nice to wear?" he asked.

"I have a couple of things, why?" I asked him.

"Well as you know the lads talk about you and ask about you very day at the meetings." he always told me what they said and asked. I wanted to talk to them now, but I just couldn't find the words to. I felt bad about blowing up at them but it felt good, like lifting something off my shoulders. 

"What did they say today?" I asked.

"Oh nothing, just that your invited to the princes birthday party." My eyes went wide.

"You can't be serious!!" I shouted and he laughed "I-I can't go" I said.

"Oh your going lass. Even if I have to pick you up in your night gown and carry you there" he said looking into my eyes. "Your not getting out of this sis" he said smiling. 'Did he just call me sis' I said to yourself. I'm so excited. I jumped up and hugged him tight and he hugged back. "So this means your coming?" he asked pulling away.

 "Yes, yes it does!" I smiled. 

"Go get ready than!" I ran to my room but then back out. "Wait here I want your help!" I said than ran back into my room. I grabbed my two dresses and put them on the bed. I first put on a dark blue floor length dress with sparkles all over it. I walked out of the room and stood in front of Bofur 

"Well?" I asked, and spun around. 

"Well if you want to look like a blue berry" he said laughing. It was a bit to fluffy. So I went back and changed into a bright pink floor length dress that had a white shash that tied into a bow. Again I stood in front of Bofur. "It kinda works...." he said circling me. 

"Kinda?" I asked.

"Well lass, I just well don't feel it. I think its the pink. Just doesn't look good on you." He said and with that I walked back into the room and stood there. 

"Great now I have nothing to wear" I said kicking the wall. I sat on the bed ready to cry but then I realized. I still had one more dress, running over to my dresser I pulled out the green dress I found. I slid it on, and walked over to the mirror. "Perfect!!! And it fits perfectly!" I said smiling at myself.

"Bofur, close your eyes!" I shouted walking out. He did, I stood in front of him again but this time wearing not only a beautiful simple dress but a big smile. "Ok open!" I said. When he opened his eyes, I saw a smile on his face. 

"Now lass that's the one. It fits you well!" he said getting up. "Now its my turn, but this time I only need you to tie my tie!" he said walking into his room.

I walked back into my room. Put on little makeup, just enough to make my eyes pop. I looked at my hair and combed it. "What to do?" I said. I thought for a moment. "Got it!" I shouted. I  finished brushing my hair, then parted it. With the top part I put two braids going down the side of my head to the back. Then I combined them letting the one braid fall back. I left my bottom part of my hair free, it looked nice half down, half up. Then there was a knock on the door. "Its open!" I shouted, Bofur walked in. He was wearing a nice shirt, with a tie hanging down. He had no hat on but his hair was back. But he still had his pants on with his boots. I knew that he wouldn't dress all the way up. I walked over and tied his tie. He smiled at me. When I was done I stepped back.