10. The Journey To The City

Author's Note: Play Night Of Chaos by Kevin MacLeod.

Tom's P.O.V.

I was driving home now. Wade and I agreeed that Friday will be the day of Jessica's trial, now for the hard part of tonight, telling Sonic that he needs to come to the trial. I don't want to upset him, but it's important that he's there. I just hope he agrees easily, that would be such a relief. I then parked the truck and went inside. "Hey Maddie, and Sonic I'm home"! I announced as I walked into the house. "Hey Tom. How did everything go today"? Maddie asked me as she hugged me. "It went well. We agreed that Jessica's trial will be Friday. But I'll be taking Jessica there tomorrow". I replied confidently. "Alright Tom what else is there? Because I sense a 'however' coming from a mile away". Maddie asked me suspiciously. "Well there's something I need to ask of Sonic. And it's something he's most likely not gonna like it at all but, I have to". I said cautiously because I was worried on how she'll react. "Oh I see. Do you want me to go with you"? Maddie asked me sweetly in concern. "No I'll be fine". I told Maddie reassuringly.

Author's note: Song ends. Play Fairytale Waltz by Kevin MacLeod.

Then I went to find Sonic. "Hey Sonic where are you? There's something I need to talk to you about"? I called out to Sonic as I was looking for him. "I'm in my cave Donut Lord"! Sonic replied as I happened to be walking near the attic door. So, I opened the door and climbed into Sonic's cave. "Hey Donut Lord. So what is it you need to talk to me about"? Sonic asked cautiously. I could tell he was nervous about the topic of this conversation. Funnily enough, so was I. "Sonic it's about Jessica's trial. It's happening tomorrow. And I need you to come with me to testify". I explained cautiously, hoping that I didn't make him upset. "Oh, well of course I'll do it! I don't like it but it has to be done". Sonic replied seriously, with a hint of fear in his large eyes. So I hugged him comfortingly. "Thanks Sonic. So tomorrow we'll be going out of town to go to the court house. The good news is, that everyone who's going to be at the trial knows about you already and swore to keep you a secret". I explained reassuringly. "Cool! Well one more question. Who is taking Jessica to the court house, because I know someone has to"? Sonic asked nervously. "I'm afraid it's with us because Wade is going to hold down the fort while we're out of town". I replied as cautiously as I could, so I wouldn't accidentally upset him. "Alright that makes sense. I just hope the drive there will be pleasant. Hmm maybe I can show her what I'm really like. She'll still serve her punishment, but at least with that she'll be nice when her time is done". Sonic said confidently as that brilliant idea came to his head. "That's brilliant Sonic! I wish you luck with that plan"! I told Sonic as I hugged him happily. Then we ended the hug. "So how about we go down stairs and have dinner"? I asked happily, knowing that conversation went a lot better than I expected. "Yeah I'm starving Donut Lord"! Sonic said excitedly.

Author's Note: Song ends. Play Screen System Name Entey from Sonic And The Black Knight.

Then he zipped down stairs as I followed him. "So how did the talk go Tom"? Maddie asked me curiously as we saw Sonic waiting patiently at the table. "It went well. He even came up with a way to make the ride, since Jessica will be with us, more pleasant! He will show her that he's a wonderful kid, he thinks that it will also make her inevitable return to school better". I explained reassuringly. "That's great! I hope it works". Maddie said in agreement as she prepared to take dinner to the table. Then we went over to the table.

Sonic's P.O.V.

When Donut Lord and Pretzel Lady came over to the table with dinner, I saw that it was chilli dogs! "Oh my gosh, my favorite! Thanks Pretzel Lady you're awesome"! I told Pretzel Lady gratefully as I picked one up. "You're welcome Sonic. You deserve it for being a wonderful blue devil"! Pretzel Lady said as she winked at me playfully. "Hehe good one Pretzel Lady"! I said before taking a bite. Then I took it and it was the best chilli dog yet! "Ummm so good"! I mumbled as I continued to eat it. "Oh I just realized that I need to text Marina so she can tell the others I won't be at School for the next two days"! I told them as I got my phone out and texted Marina just that. "Good thinking Sonic". Donut Lord said in agreement. "So what time are we leaving the house Donut Lord"? I asked curiously as I put my phone away. "8:00 am, so we can get there before dinner". Donut Lord replied simply. "Alright well I'll make sure I am well rested for tomorrow then"! I told Donut Lord as I saluted him happily.