29. The Halloween Dance

Sonic's P.O.V.

Play Sound Off from Youtube Audio Library

I couldn't believe it tomorrow is the Halloween dance! We get to wear costumes and dance the night away! And the best part is Principal Walker asked us to preform a few spooky tunes to start the party off with a bang! "Good Morning Shadow! Are you excited for the Halloween dance tomorrow night? I even have a great idea for my costume and I'm already half way done with making it! Although it's a surprise so don't even try to ask what it is"! I said excitedly as I saw him waking up and while I got ready for the day. "Whoa calm down Sonic! I know the dance is exciting, but it's too early for this. However, I am excited and I won't ask". Shadow said as he giggled a little. "Oops sorry bro I rambled didn't I"? I asked sheepishly as I scratched the back of my head out of embarrassment. "Yes but no worries bro. Well we better get to school early so we can figure out what songs we're performing at the dance". Shadow told me reassuringly. I nodded in agreement and we hurried down to the kitchen.

"Hey boys, did you sleep well"? Pretzel Mom asked as we sat down at the table. "We slept like rocks"! Me and Shadow said in unison which made us all laugh. "Whoa you two are so in sync! So have you figured out your costumes for tomorrow night yet"? Pretzel Mom asked as she gave us pancakes for breakfast. "Yes, but it's a surprise". I replied confidently. "Same goes for mine". Shadow replied enthusiastically. "Oh well then, I can't wait to see you boys in them tomorrow night"! Pretzel Mom said excitedly as we began eating.

"Well bye Mom we better get to school, so see you and Dad later". Shadow said as we grabbed our backpacks and I grabbed my guitar. "Alright bye Sonic and Shadow I love you". Pretzel Mom said sweetly. "We love you too". Me and Shadow said at the same time again. Man it goes to show how close the two of us are now. Finally we were in front of the school and our friends were there waiting. "Hey guys are you ready for the Halloween dance tomorrow night? Our surprise costumes are almost ready. We're even keeping them a surprise for each other". I said happily as we walked up to them. "Yes we are. I just got told we get to preform one song before the DJ takes over for the rest of the party". Marina replied reassuringly. "That's great also I wrote one last night." I told them happily. "Ooh an original Halloween song! That's amazing Sonic." Jessica said excitedly. "Well let's get to practicing! We'll need to be ready by tomorrow night". Marina said with determination.

Play Lurking by Youtube Audio Library

Finally it was the night of the dance and me and Shadow were getting ready. I was finished first so I decided to jump scare him! "Boo Shadow"! I screamed as I jumped in front of him. "Wow! You really got me Sonic! So let me guess you're some sort of werewolf right"? Shadow said as he recovered. "Close but I'm a Werehog"! I replied confidently.

"Whoa you look awesome! Well I'm halfway done so I'll meet you down stairs"

"Whoa you look awesome! Well I'm halfway done so I'll meet you down stairs". Shadow said happily. "Thanks Bro, well see you in a bit". I said as I headed down stairs. "Hey Pretzel Mom and Donut Dad! So what do you think"? I asked as I walked up to them and striking a dramatic pose. "Whoa Sonic you look incredible"! Pretzel Mom replied excitedly. "So are you some kind of Werehog"? Donut Dad asked curiously. "Yes! that's EXACTLY what I am! Shadow said he would be down in a few minutes". I told them enthusiastically. "Great well I hope you both have a fun time tonight". Pretzel Mom said lovingly.

Then Shadow came down the stairs. "Hey guys I'm ready"! Shadow said as he walked into the living room. "Whoa you're a vampire right?! Honestly that suits you"! I said excitedly.

"Aw Thanks Sonic! We better get to the school to get ready to preform"! Shadow said happily

"Aw Thanks Sonic! We better get to the school to get ready to preform"! Shadow said happily. "Well bye Mom and Dad we'll be home later tonight"! Shadow said as we left the house. When we got there we found our friends waiting for us. "Hey Sonic and Shadow! Whoa your costumes look scary cool"! Marina said excitedly. "Thanks Marina your costumes look amazing too"! I replied enthusiastically. Marina was, what she called, an alicorn. Crystal was a fairy princess. Jessica was a Sorceress. And Joey was a fox.

"Thanks Sonic well let's get this dance started!" Joey said as we headed to the stage that we would be preforming on

"Thanks Sonic well let's get this dance started!" Joey said as we headed to the stage that we would be preforming on. "Alright I wrote a new song to celebrate the spookiest day of the year! I call this song Slenderman." I said dramatically as I signaled the others to start the song.

Play Sonic's Home from Sonic The Hedgehog Movie 2

When we finished the song the crowd went insane in joy! "We wish everyone a Happy Halloween! Thank you and goodnight"! Marina said enthusiastically as we left the stage to go find Jessica. "Hey Jessica what did you think of our performance"? I asked happily. "You all were fantastic! I even filmed it! Would you like me to send it to you guys"? Jessica replied excitedly. "Yes we would love that! I can't wait to show it to Donut Dad and Pretzel Mom"! I said happily. Then we danced the night away!

Author's Note: Get excited for the next chapter fellow readers! It's the finale!!!