26. Returning To Green Hills

Shadow's P.O.V.

Play Roadtrip from iMovie Music

I woke up to the sound of Dad waking us. "Alright guys it's time to head to the airport. So grab your bags and let's go". Dad said happily and we instantly got up and ready for the long day ahead of us! "Oh boy this is gonna be fun now that you two are gonna be on the plane with us"! Crystal said as we headed out the door. "I'm sure it will be more exciting and less boring". Sonic replied happily. "By the way you two to make your first time more fun, Tom got you the window seats"! Mom added enthusiastically. "Really that's amazing"! Sonic said as his tail wagged.

Then we walked out the front door of the hotel only to see a fancy limousine! The window rolled down to reveal it was The President! "Hey guys I am going to give you a ride to the airport. So come on in"! The President said as the doors were opened for us. "This is awesome! Thank you Mr. President". Sonic said as we got inside. "No problem Sonic. I also wanted a chance to wish you bon voyage". The President told us as the limo drove towards the airport. "Thanks Mr. President, it was a pleasure to meet you". I said politely. "The pleasure was all mine". The President said in return. "Well guys Wade is going to pick us up from the airport we'll land in". Dad told us as we arrived at the airport. "Well goodbye guys have a safe trip"! The President said as we got out of the limo. "Thanks goodbye Mr. President". Sonic said right before the limo drove off. "So who's Wade"? I asked curiously. "Wade also works at the Sharif's station". Dad explained casually.

Then we checked in our bags and went through security. The whole time, everyone was staring at us in wonder. "I should have expected that they need to get used to us like this huh"? Sonic asked sheepishly. "You and me both bro". I said in agreement. "Well then this is going to be an interesting flight"! Sonic said as we finished security checks. "Well let's grab snacks for the long flight". Mom stated as we went into a little shop that sold snacks. "So how long is the flight exactly"? I asked curiously. "It's 5 hours and 15 minutes". Dad replied seriously. "Whoa that's insane"! I said as I looked for snacks.

Finally we made it to the gate. "Man I can't wait until we're in Green Hills. I miss doing my morning runs". Sonic said dreamily as we waited. "Yeah us too. Oh speaking of which we better let our parents know that we'll be home soon". Marina said in realization as she pulled out her phone. "Good thinking Marina"! Crystal said as she took out hers. After a few minutes of them calling their parents, we were able to get on the plane. I saw that two rows faced each other like in a nice Diner. "Oh sweet! We'll be able to face each other"! Sonic said as he took the window seat facing the front, while I took the one facing Sonic. "That's very convenient. So what else do you plan on showing me once we get there"? I asked curiously. "Oh just an entire tour of the town"! Sonic said like it was the most obvious thing in the world. "Well I walked right into that one huh"? I asked sheepishly. "Yeah you did". Sonic said as he rolled his eyes playfully. Then the plane took off. "Ooh Sonic, Shadow, check out the view! This is what makes the window seats so cool"! Crystal told us egarily. So me and Sonic looked out the window. "Whoa this is incredible"! I said in awe. "Wow everything looks so tiny down there"! Sonic said with a huge smile on his muzzle. "Just wait till the take off section is over. It's absolutely stunning"! Jessica informed us dreamily. "We'll take your word for it". I said as we leaned back onto our seats.

Sonic's P.O.V.

Play Bumper Tag by John Deley

Finally we landed and thank goodness for it! I couldn't bare sitting still much longer! "We're here Shadow and I can't wait to see everyone's face when they see you! I bet it will be priceless am I right bro"? I asked as we went to the luggage area. "I have no doubt about that! I still can't believe this is really happening"! Shadow replied happily. "I honestly didn't expect gaining a big brother out of this, let alone another anthropomorphic hedgehog! And yet here we are"! I said as we grabbed our luggage. "Well come on Wade texted me and he's waiting by the entrance". Donut Dad said as he headed in that direction! So we quickly caught up to him. Finally Wade, came into view and he had a shock look on his face! "Hey Wade long time no see! Are you okay you look like you've seen a ghost"? I asked as I tried to stifle my laughter. "Oh Sorry Sonic it's great to see you, but who is that"? Wade asked shakily. "Hi I'm Shadow The Hedgehog. Sonic helped me escape G.U.N. Headquarters with himself". Shadow replied casually. "Also he's going to be my new Big Brother, we just need to take care of the papers to make it official". I added enthusiastically. "Whoa did not see that coming. Well it's nice to meet you Shadow". Wade said as he recovered quickly from his shock and we followed him to the parking lot.