≿ 10 ≾

.▪.═══════════════╗
CHAPTER TEN
ɴᴏᴛ ʀɪᴄʜᴀʀᴅ. ʏᴏᴏɴɢɪ. •

╚═══════════════

╚═══════════════.▪.╝

Yoongi paces back and forth waiting for you to arrive. It was Saturday and you had told him you would come by around one to pick up the painting. It was now 3 o'clock.

Will she come? After what happened yesterday I'm not so sure.

"Perhaps I jumped the gun with the whole 'you should leave him' thing. I don't even know the guy," Yoongi speaks to himself. He scoffs. "No. I did right by telling her that. I mean, he beats her! I don't care what she thinks of me now. He's a complete asshole for doing that to her and she's... she's... stupid!"

Yoongi feels bad for thinking that of you, but he's doing this to make himself feel better.

He hears a knock on the door.

"It's open!"

You turn the knob and push the door, peeking in before quietly entering. You're both awkward around each other. After last night with that almost kiss and Yoongi telling you to leave Richard, it was a given.

The two of you exchange brief glances and the usual niceties before making your way over to his canvas to take a look at the painting. You signal at Yoongi with a glance to uncover it and when he does, you're absolutely mesmerized.

You sat on the stool with the pose Yoongi made you do wearing the crimson gown made of soft, velvet fabric, long and flowy. The high collar with gems was extremely detailed along with your facial features and body details.

"It's..." You trail off, speechless. "It's beautiful."

"Thanks," He smiles and rubs his nape shyly. He never got used to appreciation. "I was still making a few changes since, uh, I was expecting you sooner?" Yoongi ends with a question, trying to be a tad passive-aggressive about you being late.

"Oh?" You catch his change in attitude. "I apologize for that. I was out with... with my husband."

"Oh."

"Yes, um, we went out for lunch and to a movie... 'Gone with the Wind'. We both thought Clark Gable was remarkable in it. For lunch, we had baked beans, piccalilli, marmalade, peach cream dessert, and so much more!"

You keep babbling on about your day with Richard as if to desperately convince Yoongi, and yourself, that you actually had a good time. When, in fact, all you kept thinking of was last night.

If you were being completely honest, you did have a little fun. The movie was wonderful, the food even more, but it didn't help that the entire time you wished that Richard wasn't the one sitting next to you, but Yoongi. Not Richard kissing you on the cheek, holding your hand, grabbing your waist, but Yoongi. Not Richard. Yoongi.