≿ 12 ≾

.▪.═══════════════╗
CHAPTER TWELVE
ɪᴛ's ʏᴏᴜ

═══════════════╗CHAPTER TWELVE• ɪᴛ's ʏᴏᴜ •

╚═══════════════.▪.╝

"You're thinking about doing what?!" Richard shouts after telling him your dream of acting. "Don't be ridiculous, Y/N."

"I'm not," You defend yourself. "This has been my dream for a long time. I finally built up the courage to tell you and–"

"'Built up the courage'?" He questions. "What do you mean by that?"

"What?"

"Are you scared of me, Y/N?"

Richard stands from his couch and walks over to you, jaw clenched and knuckles in a fist.

"N-No, I meant that–"

"I treat you well, let you go to college, make you happy... and you're scared of me?"

"No, Richard–"

"I'll give you something to be scared of."

Richard raises his hand to slap you. This time, instead of flinching and taking it, you grab his wrist and forcefully pull it down. He stares at you, anger evident in his facial expression.

"I am scared of you, Richard! Terrified!" You yell at him. "You don't treat me well! You hurt me!"

If it was a regular day, Richard would have probably felt bad after you told him those things, but today wasn't a regular day. He was fed up with his call-girl and now he had to deal with his wife. Immediately, Richard lashes out at you.

You don't sob or yell when he pushes you on the floor or kicks your stomach. You simply just don't care anymore.

You go to Yoongi's place to let him paint you. Once you're at his doorstep, you remember last night.

Oh, right. That happened. What do I say to him now?

As you're thinking of what to do or say, the door opens and reveals a puffy-faced, half-awake Yoongi. He hasn't noticed you since he's still in dreamland, accepting his award from the president.

You clear your throat, "Good morning, Yoongi!"

Your bright tone renders him alert.

"Y/N? Y/N!" He stumbles forward and your faces would've collided if it wasn't for Yoongi's hands catching ahold of the door frame before he leaned too far.

"I'm here to be painted!"

"Uh, yeah. I didn't expect you so early," He glances at the clock. One in the afternoon. "Um... come in."