Death

I was thinking about Death today.

See i'm not scared of death, i'll die right now if i had to. I'm not suicidal I don't wanna die now, but if i simply had to i simply wouldn't care.

I mean i'll care about how it'll affect my family and that, but i'm not scared of death itself.

So why are people so afraid of death? it's just the future and not in the sense of "when we die we become a new person" .

I mean it's basically the future in the sense that it's unknown, just like the future!

yet people aren't scared of the future... like they're not scared of what's gonna happen in 5mins or tomorrow. (they're probably scared of what's gonna happen in 10 years, but not scared more like worried).

That's what I don't understand, if you're not scared of what's gonna happen in 5mins why be scared of death?

They're the same thing, you can't see what's gonna happen in 5mins, what you will be doing, who will be with you, but you think you know what's gonna happen in 5mins and you're not afraid... why?

When that's exactly death! You can't see what'll happen when you die, what you'll be doing, who will be with you, but you you know what gonna happen when you die and you're afraid? Where's the sense in that?

That's like saying i'm afraid of water, but not of juice. They're not the same thing, but both have the same characteristics.

So why be afraid of something you're already not afraid of?