Chapter 17

it's now 20 days till the launch of the machine that will end the entire world if we don't stop it. it's been an entire week since we found Jeongin.

Jisung for some reason made a promise to the last immortal, that he wouldn't give out his location or something will go terribly wrong...? something like that. but we spent an entire day stocking up on supplies, and then the tire on our van popped so we had to get that fixed, it's been a long week.

And I have a feeling it's about to get even longer.

the boys and I were getting ready to head out, we got a hit on the next guy, something about then hearing about a tattoo artist who has been around for years, but hasn't changed a bit. 

its a long shot but its still a lead, and we're going to follow it! sadly Jisung wont tell us if its true or not. I'm about to take away that boys Minho privileges!

we finally got back into the car, Minho and Jisung sat in the very front since Minho was driving and me and Chan shared the middle with Jeongin. it was quiet but as I looked at me and Chan's intertwined hands I came up wth something that would hopefully break the silence. 

"Hey Jeongin!" I spoke, he looked up from his phone with a hum "What was your life like before the lab?" I asked and everything got even more quiet which I didn't think was possible. I knew it was a touchy subject and we just met. but I want all the secrets out in the open, so we can fully trust each other when we really need too.

he turned his phone off before he looked at the black screen, as if trying to find the right words to say. 

"when I was little my father died, overdose, I was 4, I didn't know what to do, so I just sat there and watched him swallow all those pills when he told me it will help him get better. I believed him." he blinked really hard a few times before he continued

but before he did I grabbed his hand with my free one and I just held it as I tried to make eye contact, but he wouldn't hold it. he was scared, and sad, and so much more that I have yet to find out. 

"then... my mother blamed me for it, told me I could've stopped it and he would've still been here, and for the longest time I believed that, I believed that it should've been me that died that day, and to be honest, a little part of me did die that day." he wiped a few tears away and I held his hand tighter

"when I was 14 she remarried, he abused me, would tie me down and have his friends come over male and female, and they raped me. I signed up to be pumped full of drugs cause I thought my life couldn't get any worse." those words made me really sad and I couldn't help but give him a sad smile.

"Well everything better now, no one can hurt you" I spoke and that's when he finally held eye contact. he dried his eyes before looking at me again "So, how did you end up in the lab?" he asked and I knew the question was coming and its only fair if I answer, plus I owe everyone an explanation 

"well, my father owned the lab, they used it for good, my dad made me the heir to the company and my older brother got mad. the only reason I was going to run the company was cause my father would rape me and giving me the company would be something to keep my mouth shut. my brother didn't like that idea. I was put in the lab when I was 6, I took the blow for most of you guys when you arrived. I didn't even know I was one of you guys till about a week ago cause my mind took those memories and locked them away" I finished, I didn't cry, I was done crying over something that happened so long ago.

the car was silent, as I expected. they just found out this random girl they picked up is suddenly the rightful owner of the company they're trying to take down.

"I hate to say it... but I told you so!" Seungmin exclaimed from the back of the van, causing a few of us to laugh. thats when I felt Chan's hand hold mine tighter. 

the van fell silent as we all knew what that meant. but no one was going to ask the question all of us wanted the answer too. at least that's what we thought

"even if we find this weapon, how are we going to take it down?" Jisung spoke, to be honest I don't think any of us knew the answer to that question. 

I look down at the hand that held onto Chan's that's when everything hit me, what I saw the night Chan asked me to be his girlfriend, the only thing I can think of it that one of us isn't going to make it out alive...

Chan already lost Woojin, his partner when it came to taking care of these boys. that probably hit him hard as it is, he cant take another heart break like that, it would push him off the edge to the point no one can stop him. 

I teared up at the thought of that. 

I turned to Seungming who was sitting beside Hyunjin in the back seat. 

"see if you can find a map of the internet, one that's on a website of their's or one that someone leaked, see if we can find out where they might be holding the weapon." I spoke and Seungmin nodded before pulling out him phone and doing his thing. 

then I turned to Jeongin 

"We can use you're power to read the minds of the guards, figure out where they might be stationed and maybe some more important information." he nodded, the only thing I saw in his eyes was determination 

"and Hyunjin, he can give the guards visions so Jisung can take them out, Chan can help Hyunjin only if he wants to." I look to Chan and he nodded "I want to help in any way I can!" I smiled softly as my Fiancee

"Then we have some what of a plan!" I said smiling at everyone else

"Found it!" Seungmin exclaimed and everyone but Minho turned to him "I found a map of the inside!"