Chapter 26

I was asleep when I was suddenly woken up by someone bouncing on the bed, I sat up and so did Chan to aid the screaming child that's bouncing on our bed

"Mom! Dad!! Get up it's my birthday!!!" she screamed, I rubbed my eyes as my shirtless husband carried the child out of the room making sure to grab our small son's hand on the way out as well.

I get up and get ready for today, it's our oldest daughter's 7th birthday. I love Tara but she can be a hand full, I laughed quietly to myself as I slide a long dress over my baby bump.

we have 3 kids, and one on the way. our son, Gavin is 3, he's the most precious thing. and our youngest for now is still asleep in his crib, he's almost a year old. his name is Micheal!

and the one that's due in 2 months is another little girl, we decided to name this child, Anemone, it the name a flower that means to guard against evil 

(Isn't it just gorgeous?!?)

just then my thoughts were interrupted, which happens a lot in this house, but this time it was by Chan. "Honey! you might want to come down here!" he yelled from downstairs and the by the tone of his voice I can tell its serious 

I go downstairs as fast as I possibly could being 7 months pregnant.

when I got downstairs my eyes widened. how is this even happening...?

I looked at my now 7-year-old daughter sitting at a table covered in thin white ice. I froze, this shouldn't be possible...

"How did this happen, dear?" I asked Chan and he shrugged "I turned my back on her for 2 seconds." he sounded as confused as I was. if she has powers does that meant the rest of our kids will have powers eventually too?

Tara didn't even look afraid like it was a normal thing. 

"Tara take your breakfast and eat in the living room," I said softly and she looked at me confused "But I'm not allowed to..?" she said, "Well I told you to, so please, just go eat your breakfast!" I said panicking, once she left the room I turned to Chan

"Has this happened to any of the other kids, or even Seungmin and Hyunjins son? what about Changbin and Felix's daughter? or Jeongin's Daughter? or Minho and Jisung's Daughter?" I asked him rapid-fire questions as I stressed about the whole thing. 

"honey calm down, Seungmin and Hyunjins surrogate son got powers when he turned 7 too, he's too smart for his own good, and it's not like Seungmins power where he touches a computer and finds the info, he was born with all this amazing knowledge" Chan explained

"Why didn't you tell me?" I exclaimed as I ran my hands through my hair "Cause you've already been so stressed out during this pregnancy" Chan explained and I knew he was right, this pregnancy has been the worst by far.

"Well, what do we do about her power? do we find a way to reverse it? cause in this society they won't accept people with powers." I stated and he went to think, "You're right, but if all the boy's kids end up having powers too then that means they might have too many of us just to get 'rid' of them ya know?" I knew what he was saying, there are 8 kids between all of us, including Jeongins wife we have 10 parents. 18 people, that many don't just vanish without question.

"Okay maybe you're right" 

and that was the start of the society we know today. 99% of people have powers, and its all thanks to my great great great grandmother. 

in today's society, you can find so many different powers, when my great grandfather found out what happened in his family he decided to find out as much as he could about what happened in the past and he opened a museum which is still running today, you can walk through it any day and find pictures of my great grandmothers and grandfathers, it was my family tree all packed into a museum. a history museum

I and my boyfriend love spending our time there, we always get free entry to cause my mother owns it.

now you might be wondering my name, don't worry we'll get to that!

my boyfriend's decedents of Jeongin, so when we started dating my great great great grandmother probably had a good laugh, I don't blame her though I would've done the same

sometimes me and Gale just like talking about the story's that our family's pass down to us. it's fascinating to learn about the history that our ancestors were apart of! that's why my mom's passing down this museum to me when I turn 18 next week! 

I'm so excited!!

now back to that important question you had before, my name in Anemone! named after my great great great grandmother, she's the one who made all this possible! she entered politics and told people not to fear the powers we now process cause they can now be useful!

lots of people have jobs that fit their power just cause it makes it easier for them to earn a living.

none of this would have been possible if Y/n's brother did come back and try and kill her. that's when her oldest daughter who was 12 stepped up and made such a commotion that Y/n's brother got arrested along with Tara. 

they kept her locked up in fear of what she could do, Y/n and Chan tried so hard to get her out, but it wasn't till Anemone turned 18 that she was able to stand in front of the government and show her power and then give reasons why it would be useful

she had the power of basically a projector, she could display a screen in mid-air and showcase her plan or idea to someone else without using her own words. its really helped when she retired from politics and became a school teacher!

oh, what's my power?

I can heal anyone! no matter how bad it is!

Hah!! bet you guys weren't expecting a double update!! consider it a late Christmas present!! hope you guys had an amazing holiday <3 <3