CHAPTER TWENTY✨

Kiara's P.O.V

We were strolling down the colourful and vibrant lanes of Jaipur. I stretched my arms and opened the bun. The brown locks caressed my cheekbones, I felt Neil's constant gaze on her, however I didn't say anything.

My attention diverted towards a jewellery shop, resplendent accessories including bracelets, earrings e.t.c.
"Neil"
"Hmm" He responded
"I want something..." I pointed at the jewellery shop.

-----

My eyes were fixed on a glittery, shimmering necklace. I picked it up and glanced at it for a minute. I wore it, my fingers couldn't reach the top of the necklace.
Neil's hands quivered on my back and I could felt his hot breath. He tucked the strand of hair in my ear.

I looked at my reflection in the mirror and admired it.
"How much is it?" I asked nonchalantly
"1,199" The old man said

My mouth dropped  hearing the price. I immediately took it out.
"It is too expensive. I am sorry, I can't take it"

"Lady, I'll feel bad. If you won't take it." He said sulking
The old man glowered his face, he had some personal story.

He spoke after few minutes,
"The lady in the portrait is my wife, , we married at a very young age. We were blessed with twin boy babies. Years passed, our sons grew up, completed their education, moved to city for jobs. Me and your aunt was waiting for them to return..to see them once. Your aunt passed away with a hope that her sons will come to see her....."

"Did they come?" Neil asked

Uncle chuckled, "At her funeral. "
Tears welled up in his eyes. "They even asked me to come with them. I blatantly refused, I want to stay with your aunt forever. I made this necklace in memory of her. This looks good on you, I'll be pleased if you take it. No charges"

I beamed, "Thanks uncle. But...."
"Kiara. Take it" Neil interjected

I bought it, there were many memories attached to it of the uncle's
"Thank you"
I politely smiled and went out of the shop.

Neil and I roamed here and there, spent time together.
"I am tired" I sighed, my legs couldn't walk anymore

I gestured Neil to come with me, we sat on the top of the hill.
I crossed my arms and placed my chin on the knuckles. It was a beautiful view, the whole scenario of Jaipur.

"I never thought that We...."
I glared at him. "We lived TODAY, that is something I always desired. We have never lived TODAY, neither enjoyed Tomorrow. We are always living in yesterday. Neil if we are here. Let's enjoy! I am feeling free after so many years"
I looked at the sky.

"That's the best thing about you Kiara. You learn to be happy and make everyone smile. Your husband would be lucky to get you as his partner"

I giggled, someone was frantically talking about me.

We stared at each other for a moment. Silence spoke between us. Neil leaned towards me, we were about to kiss. A phone call interrupted us.

"Ayush" I chimed

"Hey, how are you doing?"

"Worst." I laughed "Just kidding enjoying the trip. What about you?"

"Missing you" He said despondently. "When are you coming?"

"By next week" I answered.

Neil ruffled his hair, maybe he was bored.
"Okay Ayush. I'll talk to you later"

❤️❤️