CHAPTER TWENTY THREE✨

Third person's P.O.V

She opened the shower and stood under it, letting it drain all her  soaked feelings and thoughts. She sobbed in tears. She didn't want to lose the 'way' she loved him.

She crouched on the floor wet and her back hitting the wall. She was shivering in fear not in cold. Did she do something bad? Will darkness return in her life again?

Neil who was in the concert, get worried about Kiara's absence in her favorite concert. He rushed back to hotel, and opened the door of Kiara's room.

"Kiara" He scanned the whole room looking for Kiara. The sound of shower catched Neil's attention. He knocked on the bathroom door. There was an ominous silence.

He didn't wait no longer and opened the door. Kiara was lying on floor wet, water gushing down her feet.

He carried her in his arms, turned the shower off with his one arm and placed Kiara on bed.

"Kiara" He shook her and touched her forehead and gasped, "Oh no! You have fever."

He changed her in dry and warm clothes.
Kiara squinted her eyes, and clunged her palm with Neil's.

"Neil" Her voice was low, and was about to faint in no second.

"Your temperature is high. You need rest, I'll leave" He said and was about to leave.

She clasped her hand with his hand stopping Neil on his tracks.
He turned back, and cupped her cheeks

Now that I have you,
Don't let me go;
Oh I know that  time to leave has come
I'm not ready for this moment to be done

They glared at each other with emotions of serendipity and love.

"Do..you love me..Neil?" She murmured with tears welled up in her eyes and her heart beating fast.

"Yes. I love you Kiara. But it's too late now" Neil swallowed the lump in his throat

"It's never late Neil"

She stared at his  eyes and pressed her lips against his, unanimously. He deepened the kiss, his hands gently caressing her fingers. They both parted gasping for air

Neil immediately left her room leaving Kiara ponder about it.
Did she love him!
Or was it any other cordial feeling

The doctor checked Kiara's pulse and temperature and prescribed the medicines.

Neil gave Kiara the medicine, she drank water and gulped it.

He stayed there nerve wracking, and strode out of her room while Ayush was  coming towards her room. Neil turned his face away.

"Neil.. Wait. What were you doing in Kiara's room?" Ayush asked

"Doing that, you weren't doing" He replied sardonically

"Hey. I am not joking"

"I know" Neil patted on his shoulder and left smirking at him.

Ayush entered her room and sat near sleeping Kiara.
"Kiara"

Kiara opened her eyes and looked above at Ayush.
"Ayush. I...I am sorry. I shouldn't have said those things to you. "

"No. You were honest Kiara, I came to apologise to you."

Their love was strong,
But timing was wrong
And love decided they didn't belong

"If you ever need me any day, you have my back. " He placed a peck on her forehead and left her room.

The concert ended after few days, Kiara spent the  last days with her friends and day the day to leave day arrived.

The memories she made with them, was her lifetime memory. She has to return to her life,.

"Kiara. What happened between us that day, we should forget it"

"Not before this" She kissed him on his lips.

This was different from before; he wrapped his arms around her back.

"We aren't going to be together, Kiara"
He broke the kiss

"Our love is Imperfect to have a perfect love story. But, I know, very well. Wherever I will be; Neil Mehra is with me forever" Her lips curled a smile reflexively.

The friends shared an emotional reunion, before breaking apart.

Perfectly Imperfect 💓
The story officially ends.,