Chapter 4

"DETENTION?!"

Camila stood in the Principal's office, with Lauren, Dinah and Austin. Somehow Mr Cowell had found out about the little incident and he wasn't pleased about it.

"Sir, Dinah and I actually have permission to stay-"

"Oh I know, Miss Cabello but that doesn't excuse the fact that you helped these two troublemakers," Mr Cowell said as he pointed towards Lauren and Austin. Lauren just rolled her eyes as Austin looked down guiltily.

"I understand, sir."

"But since you're one of my finest students, you and Dinah only have Detention this Saturday," Mr Cowell.

"Thank you, Mr Cowell."

The principal looked at Lauren and Austin, "And as for you two, you have detention for a week, starting Saturday," he said.

"Yes, sir," Austin said.

"Whatever," Lauren said.

"Miss Jauregui, I'd watch your tone with me. You've already been held back once. Keep up with this attitude of yours and you won't graduate. Ever," Mr Cowell warned.

"I'll take my chances."

"Very well. You're all dismissed."

~

The rest of the week was a blur and soon, Saturday rolled around. Camila got up early, as per usual, and headed to school. She was very early and had some time to kill. She headed towards the music room but stopped by the door when she heard the soft tune of the piano and someone singing. She looked through the window and saw the dark haired green eyed girl in the room.

"And I've lost who I am, and I can't understand, why my heart is so broken, rejecting your love," Lauren sang.

"Without love gone wrong, lifeless words carry on but I know, all I know, is that the end's beginning."

"Who I am, from the start, take my home to my heart. Let me go, and I will run, I will not be silent."

"All this time, spent in vain, wasted years, wasted gain. All is lost, hope remains, and this war's not over."

"There's a light, there's the sun, taking all shattered ones. To the place we belong, and His love will conquer all..."

Her raspy and husky voice was perfect. Her voice was incredible for someone her age. The emotion in her voice was evident. She sounded broken. Camila couldn't see much since Lauren's back was facing her but by her posture, Camila knew that she was lost in the music. Lauren allowed herself to feel every word, to feel everything. Camila was in awe as she watched the older girl sing. The song came to an abrupt halt. Camila saw that someone else had entered the room. It was Austin Mahone. A part of her knew better than to eavesdrop but she was curious.

~

"Mahone, you know better," Lauren said as she turned to face him.

"I don't give a shit," Austin said harshly.

"We're here because of you," he added.

"It was your recklessness that brought us here. You know what detention will do to my rep sheet?"

"Relax. It's not going to kill you," Lauren said as she stood up but before she could walk away, Austin grabbed her wrist tightly.

"Let go of me," Lauren said.

"No, I'm not done talking to you, Jauregui," Austin said.

"Well, I am. Let go of me, Mahone," Lauren demanded.