Chapter 11

"Okay, why now?"

"What do you mean?" Lauren asked. The two girls were walking down the street, side by side. They weren't heading to a specific direction, they were just walking.

"It's been like what? A week or so and you chose now to hang out?"

"I guess I just like hanging out with you," she said with a shrug, "In case you haven't noticed, I don't have many friends."

"And Austin?"

"He's not my friend," Lauren said quickly.

"Then why are you helping him?" Camila asked. Lauren just looked at her, unable to say anything.

"I-" Lauren was cut off when her phone started buzzing. She took a quick glance at Camila before answering the call.

"Hello?"

"LAUREN!!"

The green eyed girl smiled, "Hey Ally. What's up?"

"There's a party at Austin's. You should totally come!"

"I don't know, Ally. I'm a little busy at the moment-"

"No excuses! Girl, it's been forever since I saw you! Get you butt down here right now!"

"I'll think about it," Lauren said as she looked at Camila.

"Yay! Okay, bye!" With that Lauren hung up. She walked over to Camila.

~

"Go," the younger girl said.

"No. You're coming with me," Lauren said with a smile.

Camila smiled, "What? Are you serious?"

Lauren took Camila's hand in hers and interlock their fingers together before they headed to Austin Mahone's house. Lauren walked up to the door with Camila by her side as she rang the doorbell. The door opened and Lauren had a neutral face on.

"Camila! And... Jauregui," Austin said.

"I'm not here for you, Mahone. Where's Ally?" Lauren asked.

"Living room," Austin said as he took a step back to let the girls enter. Lauren walked in, still holding onto Camila's hand as they made their way to the living room.

~

Camila sat on the couch alone as Lauren chatted with her old friend, Ally Brooke Hernandez. Camila was starting to feel left out. She saw Austin a few times but all he did was give her a polite smile before he left. All the mixed signals both Austin and Lauren gave her were giving her a headache. Camila looked up and saw a blond haired boy sitting next to her.

"Hi," he said.

"Hi."

"I'm Drew."

"Camila," the brunette said.

"So, Camila, what's a pretty girl like you doing all by her lonesome?" Drew asked as he touched Camila's knee.

Camila shifted uncomfortably, "I'm actually here with a friend-"

"But your friend ain't here," he said as his hand moved up to her thigh.

"P-please l-leave me al-lone," Camila stuttered. With a cocky grin, Drew leaned in but was then forcefully ripped away. Camila looked up wide eyed to realized that it was Lauren.

"Get your filthy hands off of her, you pig!" Lauren exclaimed.

"Jauregui, I didn't mean any trouble," Drew said, "If I had known that she was your girl, I would've backed off," he said.