Chapter 6

At lunch, Camila sat across from Lauren, which was considered odd, since no one dared to sit with her before. She took out a camcorder and pointed it at her. She hit the record button and started recording.

"What are you doing?" Lauren asked, looking up.

"Shh! Pretend I'm not here," she said.

"Really? You're seriously doing this right now?" she asked.

"Yup," Camila said.

"What do you want most in the world?" she asked.

She looked at her, gave her a smile before putting down her fork. She looked into the camera and said, "What I want most? I don't know yet. Maybe when I do, I'll let you know," she said.

Camila smiled behind the camera, "Okay," she said.

At a table behind them, Austin was glaring at Lauren as he watched the two bond. Austin grabbed his plastic fork and stabbed his food in frustration.

~

"Hey, Jauregui," Austin said as he draped an arm around his old friend.

"What do you want, Mahone?"

"Say... You've gotten pretty close with Camila... Anything you want to share?"

"Her favorite color's blue. She's has a passion for music, which is very obvious. She's an unreasonably obsessed person. She likes to read, write and play music."

"But those are general terms. What does she look for in a guy?"

"Dude, I've only known her for a day," Lauren pointed out.

"I don't give a shit. You said you'd help me."

"I never said that," Lauren said as she pushed his arm off of her shoulder.

"I never promised you anything! If you wanted to know her better, try asking her! Or hanging out with her! Instead, what do you do? You use me and you decide to ignore. Real nice, Mahone," Lauren said before she walked away.

~

After school, Lauren headed to Camila's house and parked the motorbike in front of her driveway. She took of her helmet and set it down as she walked towards the front door and knocked. A young girl answered the door.

"Um, is Camila home?"

"KAKI!" the younger girl called out before she looked back at Lauren.

"You're so pretty," the girl said.

Lauren smiled as she bent down, "Thanks, cutie. I'm Lauren. What's your name?"

"Sofi."

"It's nice to meet you, Sofi," Lauren said gently.

When she looked up, she saw Camila approaching them.

"Hey, Sof, why don't you go and watch some cartoons?"

"Okay! Bye Lauren!" said the six year old as she skipped to the living room.

Camila let Lauren in and the two headed to Camila's room. She opened the door to her room and walked in slowly.

"Wow, nice room," Lauren said as she walked in. The room had a faded shade of pink paint on all four walls, including the ceiling. Her bed was right next to the window. Her desk was position at the corner of the room and her laptop stood there nicely. Her walls were covered in pictures of her and her family and her friends. There were several books and CDs on her shelves and there were acoustic guitars hung up on the wall. Lauren was really impressed.